+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I take him back

Should I take him back

The other day I was at my boyfriends house playing around with his old droid cell phone that he no longer uses and the text messages were left up from the last time he used the phone (almost a month ago). I found a long string of texts between him and his most recent ex. He was asking her to come over and make out and have sex. He even went as far as to offer to make the over two hour round trip commute to pick her up. I confronted him about it and he cried and admitted to the texts but claims they didn't have sex. I contacted her and she says the same thing. I do love him but how can I trust him? I mean, these texts started less than 24 hours after he left my house. Should I stay with him? And if so, how do we rebuild our trust?

This kind of thing happenned won't be able to rebuild trust again, he betrayed you in his mind! That's the worst than One Night Stand even, although both of them are Break Deal to me, this kind of thing kill trust totally.

Absolutely not! He cheated whether he had sex or not. He was having an emotional affair with his ex behind your back. This should tell you he has unresolved feelings for his ex.....it ain't over between them.....exit stage right hun.

Tip: if you forgave him, that just tells him that he could get away with it again. He needs to learn that the end of your relationship is the consequence he gets for doing something like this. You need to learn that his behaviour is showing you that he doesn't value your relationship and well what is there to rebuild then?

Don't take him back. You need to step away from him and get some space. Totally clear your mind, because What happens is that because you are still with him and he's in your mind. This causes you to end up making the mistake of staying with this person. Usually what ends up happening is that you not only regret the way he hurt you but also you end up regretting wasting a lot of time when you could have just broke up and moved on. There's nothing you can do about the thing he did to hurt you cause that was in his control, but you do have control over not wasting time out of your life on him.

FoL is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    he pretty much is using you, so what are you thinking? don't go for him at all, he used you and is just in the realtionship for sex. what else you could do this, take a very long break off of him and see if he comes back and will be willing to change for you and himself, if not, you just gotta get over it and end it asap.

I would not be able to trust him again. Any continuation of the relationship would be torture because I'd constantly worry about cheating and I'd become jealous. I would not want to be like that. It would all just be a waste of time.