+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused if ex is lying to me about text message

confused if ex is lying to me about text message

I remained friends with my ex for quite some time after she broke up with me. I decided I didn't want to be friends anymore a few months ago. I told her I couldn't stop thinking about her and I needed to figure some things out. About 2 months later she texted me saying she was in town and wanted to stop by. I made up some excuse why I couldn't. About a week later she messaged me on fb to tell me that she got a job she had wanted. I was pretty short and ended the conversation. I took this as her wanting to start some sort of relationship and a few days later asked her if she wanted to do something that weekend because I was going to be in town Thursday night for the weekend. She said she couldn't. Late that Thursday night she texted me asking what I was doing and asked me if I was in town. I said no I'm waiting til tom. She then told me she wished I was there and that she wanted to fool around (im sure she was drunk). Then told me "you know i wanted to date you" I asked since when. She replied "since I met you you knew that." She asked me to come over when I got in town and I agreed. The next morning she texted me saying she had to go into work so she couldn't do anything. She then acted distant the next couple of times I contacted her. I asked her if she was acting that way because she was embarrassed about what she had texted since I wasn't very receptive. She said "I'm going to be honest with you, I thought I was texting someone else" "your number isn't saved in my phone and I texted you by mistake." I just find that very unlikely. I asked her how she called and texted the other day after I told her to leave me alone if it wasn't saved. She replied "uh bc I know your number?" I think she is lying about texting some other guy and she's just embarrassed about her drunk texts. I feel like she had to know that whoever she meant to text was planning on coming into town Thursday(a weird day for most to travel) bc she asked if i was in town to which i said "no im waiting tom". also she didn't have that other dudes number saved in her phone either in order to mistake them. Lastly the person she accidentally texted just so happened to be her ex? Only thing that trips me up is the "you know i wanted to date you" "since i met you. you knew that" sounds like something you might say to someone you hadn't dated but at the same time I'm 99% sure she was drunk and all my friends think she has always liked me (broke up bc her family hates me). I pointed this out to her but she didn't budge. Wanted to see what you guys thought. Thanks!

I think it doesn't matter whether she is lying about it or not. You two are broken up and you have decided you don't want to be friends with her. That makes her someone who is on the fringes of your life at best. People out there shouldn't have this amount of thought put into a drunken text.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Keep ignoring her. And yes, she was definitely lying.

Thanks for the advice and for confirming my suspicions. I just don't get why she would like about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmith2011 View Post
    Thanks for the advice and for confirming my suspicions. I just don't get why she would like about it.
    I actually think she might have been telling the truth. I've done that before, unfortunately. The "you knew I wanted to date you" line makes no sense if she meant to text you and it's a pretty classic woman move just to avoid/ignore you rather than bite the bullet.

Regardless, she didn't mean it. She was drunk. Either she mistexted you or was drunk and sober her wants nothing of it. Move on because you clearly haven't.