+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to unbreak my brittle heart

How to unbreak my brittle heart

Sorry, just listening to old echo & the bunnymen...
    But yeah, how do i i unbreak my heart

Slightly over a year ago, I went through a painful breakup. To cope, I adopted a young cat from a pet shelter. He was shy and skittish, but really warmed up to me after a few weeks. Now he likes to snuggle up next to me whenever I read a book or watch tv. Being around him is like having a daily source of love in my life.

As for Echo and the Bunnymen, I only know a couple of their songs, but I like The Killing Moon thanks to Donnie Darko.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Accept your pain. Be with it. Don't judge or analyse your thoughts and emotion. It will pass. Slowly but surely your heart will mend.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

When something breaks, you don't have to keep it and try to put the pieces back together. Dwelling on it will only prolong the suffering. You can let it go by moving on. Your heart is only a metaphor for your love. You don't just have one, you will experience more than one love. If one heart breaks, in time you will find another, it hurts badly for now but the pain will eventually go away. Just don't let the fear of breaking your heart again stop you from experiencing love again. The next one could be the right one.

Thanks to all...Vincenzo you have a good heart and I like your posts so dont change. As for me i have not given up because i actually tried that and it wasnt for me..lol, but i feel my heart is somehow still open. If it wasnt, it wouldnt have gotton broken again.
    The killing moon is good, going to see them in NYC in May, was into them in the 90's. Was listening to "Bring on the dancing horses" BTW.
    Last edited by abn25; 29-04-11 at 12:48 AM.

It is cliche, but time is really the only thing that helps. And it isn't as much unbreaking as it finds a way to stitch itself together again. The trick is to love yourself enough that the thread that stitches it up is super strong.

Echo and the Bunnymen is not the most horrible thing you can listen to if you are in wallow-mode. Just don't switch over to The Cure or The Smiths. Unless you balance it out with something frivolous and fun. You could always dance out the pain. Throw on some Britney Spears or something.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

i know nothing, but i simply give you my suppport!
    be strong!

I hear ya DBrown, i always balance it out with some dance/hiphop!