+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Female sex drive

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    What? Her doctor did NOT say this based on either her sex drive or the frequency of her periods, and if she told you they did, she's lying, which goes goes back to my questioning her motivation for discussing this with you.
    No he probably said it based on a number of bits of data. Probably something do with her hormone levels. Estradiol, progestorne, prolactin etc. Apparently her pre ovulatory peak level of estradiol was unusually high. Unless you happpen to be an endocrinologist I reckon I'll take his diagnosis over yours.I highly doubt she is lying. I just don't understand why u are so worried about her motivation. What are you trying to say exactly??

What? Her doctor did NOT say this based on either her sex drive or the frequency of her periods, and if she told you they did, she's lying, which goes goes back to my questioning her motivation for discussing this with you.
    Huh? So ovulating twice a month doesn't make u more fertile than someone who ovulates once a month?? Thats 2 eggs per month instead of one therefore she logically has twice as much chance of falling pregant in any given month. I mean in the maths class I did 2 was greater than 1. I swear, this has to be a candidate for dumb post of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazer691 View Post
    No he probably said it based on a number of bits of data. Probably something do with her hormone levels. Estradiol, progestorne, prolactin etc. Apparently her pre ovulatory peak level of estradiol was unusually high. Unless you happpen to be an endocrinologist I reckon I'll take his diagnosis over yours.I highly doubt she is lying. I just don't understand why u are so worried about her motivation. What are you trying to say exactly??
    So you had this information before posting on here...then why did you post asking the question? So you knew that she doesn't have a normal cycle or normal hormone levels and then you ask if its normal for other girls. That's why people find this all weird. No one would say to a very close friend, "hey find this information out for me". I wouldn't even ask my best girl friend to do that let alone my best guy friend. She has the internet, she has been to her doctor there is no logical reason she would ask you to find out about other women's sex drives.

If you had posted on here saying you were a guy and wanting to know how much sex we all needed daily you would have received responses with no negativity I'm sure. People who wouldn't have wanted to respond would have ignored the post. But you have seemingly posted with a made up story to get this information and it is all very weird.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Huh? So ovulating twice a month doesn't make u more fertile than someone who ovulates once a month?? Thats 2 eggs per month instead of one therefore she logically has twice as much chance of falling pregant in any given month. I mean in the maths class I did 2 was greater than 1. I swear, this has to be a candidate for dumb post of the year.
    Not necessarily. Having a period merely suggests that you ovulate. It doesn't assure anything about egg quality, hormone levels, or uterus/fallopian tube/uterine health. You can still get your period and be infertile.

And no, I'm not a doctor, but I *AM* a nurse, and I know more than you about this topic. Obviously, if she is ovulating this frequently AND she can't go with less than 8 orgasms per day, there is something wrong with her hormones (assuming she is telling the truth, which I doubt, and if she isn't telling the truth, would indicate there is something wrong with her psychologically).

If this girl is seeing and endocrine doctor, then why is she asking YOU to get info for her? That's what her doctor is for.

Something about this story is total bullshit.
    Last edited by vashti; 01-05-11 at 11:14 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Not necessarily. Having a period merely suggests that you ovulate. It doesn't assure anything about egg quality, hormone levels, or uterus/fallopian tube/uterine health. You can still get your period and be infertile.

And no, I'm not a doctor, but I *AM* a nurse, and I know more than you about this topic. Obviously, if she is ovulating this frequently AND she can't go with less than 8 orgasms per day, there is something wrong with her hormones (assuming she is telling the truth, which I doubt, and if she isn't telling the truth, would indicate there is something wrong with her psychologically).

If this girl is seeing and endocrine doctor, then why is she asking YOU to get info for her? That's what her doctor is for.

Something about this story is total bullshit.
    A nurse eh?..well then you must know everything. I just worked in an Endocrinilogy Pathology lab for 10 years so excuse my ignorance. But thats besides the point. I assume when her doctor told her she was extremely fertile he may have mentioned any extenuating circumstances like non-viable eggs or fallopian tube health which may have biased his original assessment. So if we assume that both eggs are viable each month and her plumbing is in order then logically she must be exactly twice as fertile as a woman who produces just one healthy egg per month.
    And no the story is not totall bullshit as you so eloquently put it. She did ask me if I thought she was normal, and I said I really didn't know but I would post the question here to get a female perspective on the issue. Seems like that was a pretty dumb idea in hindsight considering the response I got. Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Riku View Post
    So you had this information before posting on here...then why did you post asking the question? So you knew that she doesn't have a normal cycle or normal hormone levels and then you ask if its normal for other girls. That's why people find this all weird. No one would say to a very close friend, "hey find this information out for me". I wouldn't even ask my best girl friend to do that let alone my best guy friend. She has the internet, she has been to her doctor there is no logical reason she would ask you to find out about other women's sex drives.

If you had posted on here saying you were a guy and wanting to know how much sex we all needed daily you would have received responses with no negativity I'm sure. People who wouldn't have wanted to respond would have ignored the post. But you have seemingly posted with a made up story to get this information and it is all very weird.
    The doctor commented on her hormone levels in relation to his assessment of her as being extremely fertile, not in relation to her high labido. The 2 are probably linked but I'm not certain about that as I haven't really done any research into it. All I was asking for was a female perspective on the issue and what do I get? A whole littany of irrellevant posts telling me I'm a liar and a Jackass.
    You know I started this thread looking for one bit of information and discovered something totally unexpected. How unbelievably narrow minded some women are. I mean most of you (with a few exceptions) seem to be in total disbelief that a girl would discuss this stuff with a close male friend. And you know what? I find that quite sad.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A nurse eh?..well then you must know everything. I just worked in an Endocrinilogy Pathology lab for 10 years so excuse my ignorance. .
    That being the case, it seems you would already have an answer to your question.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Wow, sounds extreme. She should see a doctor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12