+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confirmation that this girl is in to me

Confirmation that this girl is in to me

Hey there, I recently had a girl give me signals that she liked me and I didn't act on them on time. Now I have feelings
    for her and when I asked her out she said that she had been seeing someone for about a month and that she doesn't think
    that he would like it if we went on a date. She never mentions this "boyfriend" and she actually went out for a drink with just
    me the other day. We sat for almost two hours and had a drink and had non stop conversation. I think that I can tell when we
    look at each other that something is there. When I went to the restroom and came back she had put on lip gloss and she had done
    something with her hair. I then asked her out again and she had family plans but said another time! So my question is...do you think that I have a possibility of something good here? I feel that a woman would be fairly straight forward if she didn't have
    any interest in me am I right? Thank you for those who help me out!

If she was into you, I mean really into you she would have accepted your invite to go out with her on a date

She's keeping you close in case it doesn't work out with her new boyfriend but you are not her first choice

How much time passed between asking her out and having the drink? Maybe the boyfriend didn't work out? I know I've said boyfriend in the past when I have meant 'the guy that asked me out and I haven't dated yet but I want to see where it's going without distractions'. She is definitely interested. Ask her out again.

She mentioned that she was seeing someone 1 week before the drink. But I have only ever heard of this "boyfriend" once. She is completely worth waiting for (to see if the other guy works out) but I find that the longer I'm waiting then the stronger my feelings are getting for her. I honestly don't know how she isn't married already...she is beautiful in every way.

Thanks for your input!

why is she worth waiting for? you barely know her.

I failed to mention that I work with this girl...have for about 7 months. So I do know her somewhat, maybe not enough to say that she is worth waiting for but...I feel that we have a good rapport.

I have a rule.. NEVER date someone you work with.

I hear ya dude, and I have always followed that rule. I have also been very passive with some women in the past and I think that I let some very good girls pass me by...I wont do that with this girl, she is one of a kind.

here you are.. already putting her on a pedestal.... dont fall into that trap bro.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    here you are.. already putting her on a pedestal.... dont fall into that trap bro.
    What's wrong with the pedestal? Do you have a problem with the pedestal in general or the fact that he is putting her on it before finding out if they'll work? I love the pedestal.
    (now I can't think pedestal without it sounding weird in my head)

Since you work with her why not make the after work drink a weekly thing? Be sure to never get to drunk and be wary if all she wants to do is drink. If she is not mentioning the boyfriend he is either fictional or not too important to her. If he is real, this could be a rather large concern and she is probably just enjoying bathing in your attention while at work and his once she's at home. Ask if things are still going well with that boyfriend she mentioned once. See how she responds. If he's still on the scene, back away. If not, enjoy!

Fictional? Do woman really make that stuff up? And if the answer is yes then...why?lol

I think She is flattered by your attention and keeping you close . move on

Quote Originally Posted by kabobra View Post
    Fictional? Do woman really make that stuff up? And if the answer is yes then...why?lol
    Yes. I've done it myself. It's not a case of having an imaginary friend or anything, rarely are details offered. It's just a case of needing a quick excuse to get out of a situation with a guy that for whatever reason you don't want to go out with. I've only ever used it when I've been out clubbing and I've had guys ask for my number. It's a no hurt feelings way out of an awkward moment.

In this case, since the boyfriend was only mentioned the first time he asked she probably only used because she is wary of a work romance. Since then she has probably talked it over with a friend and decided to give things a go.

So I think the guy at the top was right...she told me that she never had much going on this weekend and then I sent her a msg
    asking her if she's available on a certain day that we should meet up and she never replied...I wasted my time and effort. As a girl why wouldn't you just say that your not interested? Thanks for your input though, some day ill meet a girl who gets me!

i'm sorry i didn't read your posts but i have to tell you that when i first saw your name at a glance i thought it said kabrona.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast