+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When men are high on chemicals

When men are high on chemicals

Do men usually say one thing when they are infatuated and when their chemicals in their brain die, they say another thing? Do they usually give sweet talk when they feel high, and they take back their words after infatuation? Are all men like this?

I have met a man saying nothing is impossible during infatuation, but after that, he is pulling away giving many reasons. Are all men like this? I won't trust him anymore, but I want to figure out are all men like this?

If you want to go into "chemicals" then not only are all men like this, but women too. When you're on the "high" of being in love, you do look at things a little bit through rose tinted glasses. You'll feel empowered, like you're on top of the world and can do anything, so expressing emotions will come easier, too. After the in-love period is over and that effect wears off, the caring shouldn't go anywhere, nor the feelings. He should still show you or tell you how he feels, but things just might feel a little more mundane. He definitely shouldn't take back anything he's said. If he does, then maybe he didn't feel them in the first place or was just saying them to get something from you.

LOL.. Interesting question.

Regardless of gender, things that people say when their high may/may not be meant at all so don't take them so seriously!

People who aren't high obviously will say things and mean them most of the time (excluding liars, cheats)

Thus, you will find it easier to believe if he's saying it when he's not high.. (but it may still be lies - who knows really? You be the judge of that)

As for infatuation, that's pretty simple. Let's just say you'll find out soon.

I think what she means is when men are "high" on the chemicals that are produced in the first stages of love, such as dopamine (if I remember correctly). Not when they're high on drugs! Haha. Anyway, it's true that all humans can experience this release of chemicals, but their feelings won't always last once they wear off. Have you ever heard of the phrase, "In love with being in love"? Those are endorphin chasers! If this guy takes back what he said, kick him to the curb. But, don't give up on love entirely! The right one for you will stick around after the inital butterfly feelings have subsided.

I hate guessing. Does it mean in the future, when men are high on hormones, I just don't trust them. But when I am high on hormones, I do say things and I do mean them even after butterflies have died down. How come men are different? Are all of them like that? Do they keep their words AT ALL? I mean when they say nothing is impossible during in-love period, and then give other excuses after in-love period to drift away. Are all men like that?

If men won't keep their words, where would bonding come from? Where would trust come from? How does a relationship work without bonding and trust?

Lots of generalization going on in your post, happycow. No, that's definitely not the case. What I said was that during the in-love phase every emotion is enhanced, fair enough. But that doesn't mean MEN in particular change their minds completely when that phase is over. Doesn't happen. And the hormones don't just come and go of their own accord. Maybe you should try reading up on "the brain in love" a bit first, but I think your problems with this guy lie elsewhere and you're just finding excuses. Maybe he's just someone you can't trust or someone who changed his mind about you, don't generalize his actions on all men.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Unimare View Post
    Lots of generalization going on in your post, happycow. No, that's definitely not the case. What I said was that during the in-love phase every emotion is enhanced, fair enough. But that doesn't mean MEN in particular change their minds completely when that phase is over. Doesn't happen. And the hormones don't just come and go of their own accord. Maybe you should try reading up on "the brain in love" a bit first, but I think your problems with this guy lie elsewhere and you're just finding excuses. Maybe he's just someone you can't trust or someone who changed his mind about you, don't generalize his actions on all men.
    I like this guy.