+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why would men do this?

Why would men do this?

If you told your date you basically were talking to someone else and didnt care either way if you left, why would you ask me out the next day?

Wait, were you on a date with him when he told you this, or did he do it to someone else in front of you and then ask you out?

I guess the answer doesn't change either way; he's completely socially inept at best, or more likely, a self-centered jerk. I don't think I know any men with such a lack of social grace, so I wouldn't say that's characteristically male behavior.

We were out together and he was checking his phone texts. When i asked him about it he said its some girl at work. I asked if I should just leave then because he also seemed preoccupied and then he said its up to me i can do what i want. So i left. The next day says he's sorry and do i want to go out shopping. I did and he tried to act like nothing happened but mentioned briefly that he met up with someone, so i have no idea whats going on...but thanks for your input anyway

Male social skills have dropped sharply since the rise of console games and the internet. Also, cell phones and texting haven't been around long enough for everybody to acknowledge some basic level of etiquette.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

He's kinda keen on you but emotional . Doesnt like confrontation and will blame fights on you
    He will be a lot of trouble

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by abn25 View Post
    We were out together and he was checking his phone texts. When i asked him about it he said its some girl at work. I asked if I should just leave then because he also seemed preoccupied and then he said its up to me i can do what i want. So i left. The next day says he's sorry and do i want to go out shopping. I did and he tried to act like nothing happened but mentioned briefly that he met up with someone, so i have no idea whats going on...but thanks for your input anyway
    His behavior was boorish, but really? You asked if you should leave? Was this over a prolonged period of time, or just a brief text from a coworker?

I wouldn't go out with him again, but I am very curious about your reaction, too.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

2 funny...

He was checking out other girls in front of me, i walked away for a minute, came back and he was checking his phone...again. Just asked him quite frankly who it was, he told me and I offered to leave if he had other plans etc.

Male social skills have dropped sharply since the rise of console games and the internet. Also, cell phones and texting haven't been around long enough for everybody to acknowledge some basic level of etiquette.
    No excuse. If you're on a date with somebody, put the cell phone away. Unless you're a doctor or a mortician or something, you simply do not need to check your messages when you're hanging out face-to-face with someone. These are basic, Kindergarten-level manners we're talking about, and technology being new isn't a good enough reason to throw them out the window.

It sounds like you're early in your courtship, so if he can't be bothered to give you his undivided attention on a date now, what makes you think he'll be any more attentive later?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lol at all of this. Terrible.