+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Im having panic attacks about this guy leaving

Im having panic attacks about this guy leaving

Okay. So this will sound pathetic. But I need help. I've liked the same guy for almost three years now. He has liked me a lot of that time too but (because of our own reasons) we've never gotten together. At the moment he has a girlfriend, and he's been in the relationship for a long time. I don't know what the girl is like, I've never met her. But he still asks me to meet up sometimes and all he does when we do is hug me and hug me and hug me. But in June he has exams. And after those he'll be moving out of the country. I probably won't ever see him again. This has been bothering me for a long time but now it's gotten to the point where I feel physically sick to my stomach. I have a fear of vomiting so when this happens, I have panic attacks. They're pretty bad. I don't know what to do. It's killing me. I need to stop these attacks. And moving on is not an option, believe me I've tried. I should of made my move a long long time ago. Now he has a girlfriend and I feel that I can't. I know that if I made a move on him he would go along with it but I won't do that beacuse he has a girlfriend. But I've only got a month left. I'm freaking out. I'll regret this for my whole life if I let it pass. I'm not exaggerating. I may be being dramatic, but believe me I am not exagerating. Can someone please please help?

I know you say you're not exaggerating, but you are. Trust me, I've felt the exact same way you have. I've been SO in love with someone that I had daily panic attacks over not being able to see them/them moving away and what not. I literally was convinced I could not live without them... You know what fixed all that and helped me? Getting away from them. The first few weeks/months were rough, but after that I felt so much better. It's very freeing. I no longer have panic attacks over this person, and even when they call me (rarely) I still get those butterflies, but it's not nearly as bad as it was when I was around them all the time. I know you're feeling like you're missing out on a huge thing in your life, and maybe you are, but the fact of the matter is that he has a girlfriend. He obviously cares for her deeply if he's been in a relationship with her for so long.

Are you thinking about making a move just because he's leaving and you don't want to regret it? You'll probably regret it more if you do. Are you hoping you'll make him decide to stay with you? Who's to say he won't get back together with his girlfriend (or ex, I suppose)

Either way, it will most likely cause a lot of drama. That's just my advice. It IS (believe it or not) much easier after the person who controls your life and heart leaves.

I totally agree with the person above. It may seem hard for you but it takes time to get over it and if you don't want to get in the way of that guy and his gf's relationship, then it's out of your control...just let it be. I think him moving away will definitely help you in your situation. *Out of sight, out of mind.* In the mean time if you do start to have anxiety or whatever, take deep breaths *inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth.* If you need to cry then let it out. Be productive, think positively (try not to think so much of the guy though), and just enjoy your life. Be patient, good things come to those who wait. There's probably a nice single guy out there waiting for you .