+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Seriously confused.. help

Seriously confused.. help

hey all

about 2 weeks ago, a girl friend of mine, told me that she think that her best friend and i are a perfect match.
    so i added her on facebook, and we started talking
    we talked on facebook for about 3 days, then we started talking on the phone for another 3-4 days. the conversations were flowing

we finally met yesterday, we went down to a bar where a friend of mine works as a bartender. me, the girl friend, and the girl who she introduced me to. so at first it's a bit awkward, first time seeing each other, pretty weird
    we drank a few beers and then went to another bar with the bartender friend, there were 4 of us
    the thing is, the girl acted pretty weird. sometimes she got a little physical, sometimes she was pretty cold. weve had a lot of awkward moments. i dropped her home, kissed her on the cheek and said goodnight. i'm saturated with mixed feelings. i guess i was expecting more meeting her, i wanted it to flow like it does on the phone, but it just didn't.

the problem is i got no idea what to do now. should i call her? say what? should i wait? forget about her? this is the first time in my life that i'm in this situation. ive been in one relationship and it was a lot easier in the dating stage

thanks !

Call her. Find out if she even wants to go out again - and next time do it with just the two of you. You'll find out one way or the other.

You sound like she was not a match, that there was no chemistry, and I think she felt it too. She tried real hard by being physica to see if there could be a spark but to no avail that's why she went cold. If you guys didn't hit it off, it's not worth pursuing.

Maybe she was confused as well. She was trying to read your signals, which is why she was flirty one minute and cold the next. Or that's how I see it anyway. Give her a call, definitely, even if just to chat. Then at the end, tell her you should do something again sometime. And see how she reacts to that. Maybe next time, choose some activity as a date (and just the two of you), it's easier to relax and get comfortable with each other. Better than just sitting at a bar where you have to have deep conversations all the time. Not everyone clicks right from the start. Although it is a good sign if you do. ; )

I agree that she was probably nervous and confused as well. She probably wasn't sure how you wanted her to act and was afraid that she was giving wrong signals, so she gave every signal she could think of. She also might not have been comfortable flirting and being so open in front of other people.

I also agree that a good step would be to call her and ask her out, just the two of you. No friends, just the two of you.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I agree, I think the problem is there were other people around, observing you two. She probably felt awkward going on a blind date in front of her friends. Ask her out for a one-on-one date.

first dates do not always have to be successful. It may be that she had a bad day, it may be that she didn't fancy you or it may be anything you can think of. If you want to give it another go, you could offer a second date just the two of you. If she refuses you have your answer. If she accepts and things don't get any better you have your answer again.