+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ugly genes

if that makes them happy then yes, they should - see my earlier argument on selfishness. And their children should do the same (subject to preferences) - otherwise, natural selection through all these years of evolution would have made sure that everyone is just as attractive as everyone else around them. But we are not and we will never be for exactly this reason.

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Haha, implying that scientists are ugly? NOT so.

Anyway, remember the maxim: Don't diss the geeks; chances are, one day you'll be working for one.
    I said science is a field that makes it possible for ugly people to have a successful careers and contribute to society since looks doesn't factor in at all in how successful they will become. Whereas other careers such as acting, business, ecetera, looks does matter significantly more. No where did I say anything about scientists being ugly.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^ good point
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So this thread is about whether ugly people should have kids?? Everyone has a different definition of ugly...if that "ugly" couple want children then that is their choice- nobody elses.

As for people having children when they know there is a risk of that child having a hereditory condition?...that is such a personal thing and depends on alot of things.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Being attractive doesn't guarantee attractive kids either, I keep thinking Rumer Willis must be adopted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    what attracted you to them?
    I like women with a lot of hair (on their heads). Kind of confuses my friends when I show interest in girls who don't quite match up to their expectations in other areas. Each guy really does have a different idea of what the perfect woman is, and it's highly unlikely that as a female you don't have at least one trait some guys dying to find even if you don't realize it.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    So this thread is about whether ugly people should have kids?? Everyone has a different definition of ugly...if that "ugly" couple want children then that is their choice- nobody elses.

As for people having children when they know there is a risk of that child having a hereditory condition?...that is such a personal thing and depends on alot of things.
    exactly. my friend had one child who is autstic, and not mildly. i was a bit shocked when she expressed desire to have another one, but hoped for the best. now when her second one is almost a year old, he also seems to be somewhat delayed in development. so what has she gained from her desire to have kids? kids who will never be able to take care of themselves? shouldn't have that been her number one concern knowing that her and the husband being 100% jewish could mean kids with autism, especially after it happened once already?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by leoben View Post
    Being attractive doesn't guarantee attractive kids either, I keep thinking Rumer Willis must be adopted.

I like women with a lot of hair (on their heads). Kind of confuses my friends when I show interest in girls who don't quite match up to their expectations in other areas. Each guy really does have a different idea of what the perfect woman is, and it's highly unlikely that as a female you don't have at least one trait some guys dying to find even if you don't realize it.
    women with a lot of hair are ugly?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    we had a conversation at church today on that subject, and all of the men confessed that they don't find their wives attractive and if it would've been possible to sleep with someone cute, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lol what kind of church do you go to?
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Some other posters wrote some great advice about personality being the best type of beauty. Personality comes from within, but it can be freely shared with countless others. A gorgeous personality is an incredibly attractive thing. Now if you wanted some more superficial attractiveness, it is easy to boost superficial attractiveness.

The most popular indicator of female attractiveness in our society is their body. So an "ugly" woman would be well advised to develop a killer body. Eat healthy, lose weight, develop a little muscle mass for the toned look. Or if you want, just lose weight and be skinny. Many guys will immediately think you are much more attractive. Learn to use make-up to the best effect. Get clothes that play up your attractiveness. Practically any woman who does that will immediately find guys who find her "hot". Then if you want beauty, well just focus on developing a beautiful personality shines through.

For men? Well they actually have things a little easier. They can go the route to develop their body and that will help. But the male body and face are just much less important than the female body and face. For men, personality and social status are very important criteria of attractiveness. Luckily for men, a man can easily develop his personality and social status to get gorgeous women. Develop yourself into a guy that girls will want to date and marry. Learn to groom yourself respectably and develop some basic charming skills. Go out and meet woman and take risks. It really is basic stuff.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    exactly. my friend had one child who is autstic, and not mildly. i was a bit shocked when she expressed desire to have another one, but hoped for the best. now when her second one is almost a year old, he also seems to be somewhat delayed in development. so what has she gained from her desire to have kids? kids who will never be able to take care of themselves? shouldn't have that been her number one concern knowing that her and the husband being 100% jewish could mean kids with autism, especially after it happened once already?
    I've never heard of any link between autism and Judaism. Tay Sachs, yes - but not autism. Do you have any scientific research that supports your claim?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There is no scientific proof that autism is genetic. It is not fully understood what causes it, you blatantly only used that as an example because you know my circumstances. I want more children one day, so are you saying that I shouldnt? I know of plenty of families with one autistic child and healthy siblings. Also, autism has varying degrees of severity.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Ugly comes in all colors and shapes. I am not being ignorant by bringing it up, however it's a very sensitive topic IRL and I dare not ever mention it to anyone. Ugly prevents people from being happy, having friends or even having a desired career in many cases. There always are exceptions, but in my own experience I have witnessed people suffer based on their looks only. And then ugly having kids who take after the parents and thus suffer the same their parents do. Since I live in a Jewish community I see many kids who have "jewish" diseases and it makes me think each time, why have kids period if you know ahead of time that the chance of a child being sick is rather large. what would you do if you were ugly?

when i was young and ugly, i have blamed my mother for giving me life and even tried to end it a couple of times. fortunately i was able to recover, but not many can.
    get some confidence pussy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123