+ Follow This Topic

Thread: am i being stupid.. should i just move on?

am i being stupid.. should i just move on?

I posted this in the broken hearts section.. however it seems like this section gets more input..

Pretty much to keep it short, Ive been dating this girl for a month and a half (not long I know.) However, I instantly fell for her. She had just gotten out of a pretty serious relationship, but the guy she was with is a real loser, and she broke it off. They were engaged. Her and I met and started dating a few weeks after she broke up with him. (probably my first red flag.) She is also bipolar stage 2 (another red flag.) I overlooked her flaws and decided to go for it. Everything was great until a week or so ago when she started acting distant. Today she tells me that she does like me but she needs time to be single as she hasnt fully gotten over her previous relationship. Her ex had a kid whom she pretty much took care of by herself, and she misses the kid a lot. She said "I know a lot of people say this but i really do mean it when I say i want to be friends." I told her that is hard as I have feelings for her, and if I stay friends I am going to cling to the hope that we will get back together. She did not rule that out but said "I cant give you a timeframe as i dont know and it wouldnt be fair to either of us." I know a lot of people say "i want to be single" but that is just code for "I dont want to be in a relationship with YOU." I asked her if this was the case. She said it was not. After the initial call, i called her back and just said: "Dont be upset, I know you are. It is OK. Lets be friends, and take it from there. She said "OK"

Now, I know I should keep it cool, and I am going too, but is my hope to get back together a lost cause? I know she needs space, but I need to know how I should handle this. By the way, she is a VERY honest person, and I think she is being truthful. Am i being naive to think I still have a chance with her?

I am NOT taking this personally as I didnt do anything wrong, but it doesnt mean this doesnt suck. Thanks for reading and for the help.

She also told me "if we had met a month and a half down the road.. things would probably be different." SHe also said that after all her other relationships she was single for a while... she said she swept all the baggage from her ex under the rug and I guess the rug has been lifted and she has to deal with those emotions. this sucks, i HATE feeling helpless, lost, and in limbo.

You should move on. There's too many red flags in this whole situation. Be true to yourself and don't be in denial. You have all the answers, you just don't want to see it.
    Love and Inspiration - www.loveninspiration.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-and-Inspiration/182247438490558

Everyone has flaws. You dont think time would help huh? I know i need to move on, but i dont want to rule out a possibility of reconciling.. maybe thats where I am in denial
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 09-05-11 at 09:13 AM.