+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please help me to understand

Please help me to understand

So I was persued by a guy but he was fresh out of a relationship so, though I liked him, I kept my distance - no touching/kissing occured after the one occasion it happened. I also turned him down when he'd asked me out etc... but we remained friendly for a couple of weeks and I 'saw' other people and so did he.

When I met up with him alone some weeks later, we flirted but nothing happened. But he then said he like to 'act like my bf' to get some other guy off my back that was clearly coming onto me. I did not encourage the unwanted attention form the other guy and I said no to him 'acting like my bf' too - GUYS: what is THAT all about?? Anyway, moving on we chatted on-off for a while and my feelings for him came back so I told him how I felt but was quick to add that if there was someone else in his life then he should ignore/forget I'd said anything..I could/would get over it. He insisted he'd 'think it over' and did but did not get in touch with me until I prompted him. Anyway, he did and told me he had moved on though he 'still really really liked me...' I left things alone.

Then, a few weeks later, he texted me asking MY permission to come along to a party my flatmate was throwing in our house (it was implied I was co-hosting...) - GUYS: he knows these people as well as I do so WHY ask permission when he has just turned u before - he was invited afterall. I told him to show up if he wanted to and not if he didn't...but I did ask him if 'anything had changed' to which he said something in his life had...mmm. I left things but like I predicted, the day before the party he cancels to which I aid fine. So I moved on and we never spoke again.

Now, he has a gf and I believe he is in it for the long haul - they are musicians...their relationship is good for 'networking' yadda yadda yadda. Anyhoo, recently he was talking to friends of mine about his rejection of me...and our 'make out session' that no one knew about. He hadn't attempted to talk to me before his run in with my friends (we understandably did not keep in touch/stay 'friendly')who said 'he was asking after me'...??? wth? When I did finally meet him at a party he tried to bring up me & him again etc - I simply walked away from that convo...

So, people tell me once and for all - what is he playing at? Why try to humiliate me again...i mean why bother? He IS in a relationship now so surely it doesn't make sense right? What we ALMOST & NEVER had has been dead for ages and sure I do not have a bf yet but I did move on from all that but his recent behaviour is unecessay taking me back to the past whic is so annoying!

Apologies for the essay but thanks for reading.

....so ANY advice/your thoughts on this?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why do you care? He has a gf.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    Why do you care? He has a gf.
    Exactly my thought!

..because he intentionally talks smack about me to MY friends, which this is hurtful. I don't care about him or his life and do not keep myelf informed on it so WHAT does HE care about how/what/where I am?!!!?

If he has a gf he should act it and leave me alone. Yes? NO?!!!

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So just tell him that.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.