+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does it hurt when he only wants to be friends??

Does it hurt when he only wants to be friends??

As a few of you on here know, my ex has been in contact with me recently, 8 months after the breakup, to meet up and catch up. We've seen each other randomly in the last few months. He used to come over all the time the first few months after the breakup, tehen stopped coming over even if I asked. Now he wants to be friends again. I don't know why that feels like such a slap in my face! I mean all he's saying is "you're an amazing human being, and I want you to stay in my life." But all I hear is "you're an amazing person, but not amazing enough to want me to date...I need someone better for that". I know we're not compatible. But finding anyone else has been seeming so impossible to me!!! 8 months, and I've gone out of my way to meet a guy, and no one impresses or excites me! I feel like he's as close to compatible as I'll ever find, and even that was far from compatible. So yea, would it hurt you if your ex just thought you were an amazing friend? It almost seems like he's moved on, and has been able to turn off all feelings for me and happy with his new gf. Sorry I keep repeating my issues on this forum..everyone else I know are sick of hearing about it.

Your not so lucky to "turn off" your feelings so the only way to get over him is to completely cut him out of your life, plain and simple.