+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is She Into Me?

Is She Into Me?

Hey again ladies (and some guys that frequent here),

I need some opinions from you.

Lately I've been hanging out with this girl. I pretty much gave the signals that I like her. I'd pay for dinner when we hang out (even though she insists on paying the first several times but she doesn't do it as much anymore). Anyway, I'm pretty sure she knows that she has some of my attention even though at times I can be a jerk to her (that's just my playful way I guess).

My concern is, when we text, there were times (twice) that she says "buddy". What is this buddy thing? Have I been friend-zoned? Do girls call the guys they like buddy?

I'm completely getting mixed signals from her. She'd text me here and there and tell me about her day. When I drop her off, she'd say "text you later". She'd even remember what I'm doing on some particular days and ask how it went. Also I'd notice when we hang out, she'd look at me and stare at me when she thinks I'm not looking. And today, she sent me a text saying that she's using one of the things I gave her (more like she took because she liked it). All of these reasons make me think that she likes me, but are these the things girls do even with friends?

Also I've picked her up several times from her place. Her sister lives with her and this last time her sister actually came out with her (which is totally random I think since she had no reason to be out). Does she talk about me to her sister?

I wanna thank you all in advance for the opinions!

Only one way to tell.....take her to a nice romantic place and kiss her. You'll get your answer fairly quick

^ That's one way but if I was "friendzoned", that'd make things so awkward. I just don't understand the "buddy" thing. She won't call me that in person but only when she textes.

You are friend zoned. If a girl was really into you she sure as hell would really let you know and would do without any sutble hints, for that's a waste of time. They get in there when the gettin is good before some other girl takes your interest. What you are doing now is going nowhere and I think you know this but just wanted confirmation from others.

That's what I thought.

Do you think it's worth it to let her know how I feel?

I am close friends with her cousin so when I first met her, I kinda came off as a family friend. Do you think she's scared of crossing that line? This whole thing happened in the past 2 weeks which fairly is pretty quick to see anything.

That's one way but if I was "friendzoned", that'd make things so awkward. I just don't understand the "buddy" thing. She won't call me that in person but only when she textes.
    Big ****iing Deal if its awkward! Just do it and you'll know right away.... Got get past your fear of awkwardness. Its only awkward in your head so get over it!

You like this girl right? shes not going to kiss you so be the Man and take control. If she thinks of you as only a friend, she will let you know right then and there so you know to move on to the next girl you like. Make sense? This is how it has been going on for millions of years. Ha!

ON the "Buddy" issue Just tease her about it. "Oh....Im your Buddy huh?" As you grab her and kiss her.
    Last edited by surfhb; 19-05-11 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by useless View Post
    That's what I thought.

Do you think it's worth it to let her know how I feel?

I am close friends with her cousin so when I first met her, I kinda came off as a family friend. Do you think she's scared of crossing that line? This whole thing happened in the past 2 weeks which fairly is pretty quick to see anything.
    what it's only been 2 weeks? Mate, if you really want her you better make your move soon. You haven't made it clear to her that you like her. Make that clear to her. Ask her out. Don't wait for her to do that. Chances are she won't. You gotta do that you're the man! And what's there to lose huh?

Like said, I'm about to make the next step but I don't want to do it aka just be friends with her if she doesn't like me that way. Like I said, I'm close with her cousin and I don't want to make anything awkward between us.

Also I don't think I'm gonna kiss her only after hanging out with her 3-4 times and knowing her for 2 weeks.

Friend zoned. She stopped offering to pay because she figured you got the message and since you still want to pay, why not?

There is nothing that gets in the way of a girl going after what she desires. By the second date she would have pulled you into her or grabbed your hand, or leaned into you to touch your leg, flirted with you in some way. Second she wouldn't have insisted on paying the first several times, because she didn't want it to look like a date.

You don't have to tell her anything....she knows how you feel....girls are not blind to that kind of stuff.

Everyone says go for it. I say you will get shot down. So do what is in your heart, spin the wheel and see what happens. Life wouldn't be life without taking risks.

^ Is that all females? I've dated some girls (yes they were into me) and they did not do any of that. They showed and gave some hints but I was the one who had to make the first moves.

Quote Originally Posted by useless View Post
    ^ Is that all females? I've dated some girls (yes they were into me) and they did not do any of that. They showed and gave some hints but I was the one who had to make the first moves.

I'm generalizing, not every guy is fought over or attracts that well. I find the older girls are the more confident they are in themselves and learn to flirt. Guys just have to be more observant, and learn body language. But just peaking or staring means jack.

In this case she isn't giving hints of attraction, she is hinting we are just friends.

I worked in a night club for 4 years....I had plenty of time to watch everyone operate.

^ Got ya, And I thank you for the suggestion and comments. I really appreciate them.

Like I said, personally I am just plain confused. The thing is that, if she knows I like her, she'd probably do something about it. Maybe every time I ask to hang out with her she should be saying no but this isn't the case. I made it clear that I like her and every time I ask her to hang out, she'd always say yes. She even invited me to certain events with her. And I jokingly said we will never hang out again and she took it really seriously and got upset. Then she'd say things like I should visit her at work and bring her food.

I'm still confused. Are these the things girls do and say to their friends?

One of my friends is saying that she said the "buddy" thing to test the water. Basically she wanted how I feel about this whole situation. Is this true?