+ Follow This Topic

Thread: could this go anywhere?

could this go anywhere?

Need some help interpreting this situation...

There's a guy from work that I've been hanging out with lately. I work on weekend and usually we will get off at the same time and go get a drink at a bar close by. This past weekend after work we decided to go for our usual drink while he decided whether he wanted to go to a party afterwards.

While we walked over to the bar we talked a little about what we look for in relationships and he mentions that he wasn't into the one night stand thing anymore and i agreeded with him.

We got to the bar and he asked if i wanted to go to the party with him and i said i would. we went to the party but it was starting to die down. We stayed there for about 40 min and he started to ask me about my living situation. (I live with a group of guys and im the only girl) He asked me if i was with any of them and other questions along that line. We ended up making out then left the party to meet up with some of his friends.

After hanging at his friends place he asked if i wanted to crash at his place since it was getting very late and i said sure. We went to his place and made out more but nothing else. We had planned on heading to work together but i decided to leave early to get back to my place to shower and get a change of clothes.

I got to work and everything was cool. There's wasn't any akwardness between use. Just the mutal hatred that we both had to be at work. I ended up getting off earlier then him and had already told him i was going to go home and get some rest. He gave me a long hug and a kiss on the cheek and i said that I'd see him next week.

The situation more stinks because at work we have to keep things discreet and right now since i only work weekends i won't be able see him til next week.

Im not sure if this might turn into something else and wanted to hear some opinions.

It sounds like it might eventually go somewhere. Is the reason you can't show anything in public at work is cause of the no PDA at work rule? I honestly would never work with someone i'm currently dating, cause that's a big no no. But, you might work out different. Just keep hanging out with him and it seems like this relationship might progress. Have fun!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We need a "relationship issues in the workplace" sub-forum.

start it up fras...

we both work in a restaurant but im a hostess and he's a server so it would just raise eyebrows if people thought they were being treated unfairly with tables and such. I'm usually against mixing business with pleasure but sometimes it can't be helped. But as for me I would never favor him over anyone else at work. It's just not kosher.

Sounds like it is definitely the beginning of something. I normally advise against relationships at work but since it's already started and isnt going to cause too much of a problem then go with the flow.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

yea i agree with kirst.

besides who cares what other people at work think. lifes too short to worry about other peoples opinions you wont see again in a few years or so....

just do it, and dont regret nothing ....

It could go somewhere! I've been in the same suituation and ended up getting hurt. Just be careful- afterall not all suituations turn out the same!!

I think it could definitely go somewhere, and the most promising part is that the next day there was no awkwardness. That shows that neither of you thought it was a mistake, which is a very good sign because he is probalby also interested in it going somewhere. If you have to keep things discreet at work that shouldn't be a detractor, because since you both only work there on weekends you be able to be affectionate anywhere else during the week, and just try to stay professional while you are at work. It's different at a Monday through Friday 9-5 job because you spend so much time around each other while having to stifle your affection that it could be a problem, but only having to act that way on weekends wouldn't be nearly as threatening to your relationship's prosperity. I would say if you are both interested in each other and would like to make something more out of it, by all means give it a try!