+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fallout with a Friend.

Fallout with a Friend.

Just really bummed at lately and I think my friends are tired about hearing about it so I figured I come vent here.
    About a month ago my friend got really mad at me and emailed me that he didn’t think we could be friends anymore and he had to think about if we could or not. I haven’t heard from him since.

I wrote him three times after that and received no response.

1. Was trying to understand how I had upset him (a friend later told me I come off as ‘girlfriendy’ in my emails and suggestions I had for a problem (he invited a friend to hang out with us that I enjoying hanging out with but not with the two of them together) came off as ultimatums instead of suggestions. I was honestly just letting him know I didn’t care to hang out with them together and it seemed like the best thing was for he and I to cancel our plans so he didn’t have to decline hanging out with his other friend.)

2. Asking for a DVD he had borrowed which he gave to a friend to give to me(April 21st)

3. Thanking him for returning the DVD and asking if in a few weeks we could talk in person. (seemed like this was the kind issue especially if he was considering ending our friendship over it that should have been discussed in person) (April 27th)

At any rate I have not heard from him since April 19th and it’s just really bumming me out. I liked the guy a lot and I thought we were really good friends but the since end of March he blew up at me, ignored me for three weeks, got upset at me again (this situation) and hasn’t talked to me since then.

He’s such a nice guy too so I feel like a really crappy person to be on his bad side.

I feel stupid because I more torn up about this than I was about my break up six months ago… I think because I was completely blind-sided by this… the breakup while it hurt… a lot… I kinda had a feeling it was coming for awhile. And I mean… that’s the risk you take with relationships… you never plan for your friends to dump you.

Anyway I just wanted to talk about it because it’s been on my mind a lot and like I said I think my friends are sick of hearing about it. Thanks for listening… and wisdoms or empathies is always welcome.
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.

Depends on the question but probably lol

He gave my DVD to a mutual friend to give back. So I have that.

Just really bummed about the way everything played out.
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.

I know... I feel stupid because I'm still hoping everything will be ok.

He's still on my facebook and I don't want to delete him if he's cooled off, and then got busy, but then part of me is like... well it's been over a month... i don't think he's coming back.

you said hes really nice.. well hes acting like a douche....

Normally he is. I've known him for like a year and a half. and we had absolutely no situtations before the end of march.

give him some time... if you truly want to be friends with him (and thats all) time will heal all wounds..

probably. just don't know how to handle to the mean time.

Quote Originally Posted by seganomics View Post
    probably. just don't know how to handle to the mean time.
    yeah you and me both... when you figure it out let me know.. lol...