+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guy doesnt return any of the nice things i say?

Guy doesnt return any of the nice things i say?

Well, i met a guy a month ago, we hit it off really well as soon as we met. Had lots in common, never an awkward silence and he seemed really attracted to me. Kept complimenting me saying i looked amazing, i was super cool to talk to etc..

He took me on dates, invited me out with him and his friends and hung out alone at his house and he is always calling me and texting me.. Hasnt been a day since we met he hasnt contacted me.

But, whenever i say anything nice or advancing a little. He doesnt really return it i have noticed. Maybe i am just worrying.. I do over analyze everything which i want to smack myself for doing so but cannot be helped. lol
    Theres been a few times is have noticed this.. But the most recent was today.
    He has been away camping for a few days and he has been texting me even then which i thought was nice. Today i made a comment how i missed him a little bit. I thought it was okay to say.. But he didnt say i miss you too or anything. Just said 'Thats super cute '. lol

I like him alot. His actions say he does too and i can see this but why wont he return little things like this? Just not a verbal guy or what? Should i worry at all when i say something nice and he doesnt return it?
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Very silly thing to worry about. Not sure what else to say. You're worrying over absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    Very silly thing to worry about. Not sure what else to say. You're worrying over absolutely nothing.
    lol Fair enough. I knowww i do worry over stupid stuff like this. I have always just been used to a guy being the fast mover and wanting a relationship right away and such... I feel like he might be playing hard to get.. Just a little. By keeping things slow and not admitting feelings for me of any sort or mentioning any kind of relationship.
    I dont know.. I suck at this dating stuff. Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by JadenMia View Post
    lol Fair enough. I knowww i do worry over stupid stuff like this. I have always just been used to a guy being the fast mover and wanting a relationship right away and such... I feel like he might be playing hard to get.. Just a little. By keeping things slow and not admitting feelings for me of any sort or mentioning any kind of relationship.
    I dont know.. I suck at this dating stuff. Bleh
    He DID return the nice thing, or at least responded positively to it. That's why you're overthinking it.

And sending a "I miss you text" doesn't establish a relationship.. if you're using that as some kind of test, you just need to balls up instead and talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    He DID return the nice thing, or at least responded positively to it. That's why you're overthinking it.

And sending a "I miss you text" doesn't establish a relationship.. if you're using that as some kind of test, you just need to balls up instead and talk about it.
    I guess so. I guess im just having a rough and extra boring weekend which kinda is making me overthink things ALOT.
    I dont think by any means that would establish a relationship between us either. The text was just a nice text i said it because i meant it. I do miss him being around and i thought he might say he did too if he felt the same way. Its not that one text .. There has been a few things i have said and he has not returned it. That text was just the example i could think of.
    i just meant there has been no talk of a relationship thats all. Well once, but we had a drink that night so im not letting that count for anything.
    I am thinking this week when he comes home i will talk to him about where we stand relationship wise. I just didnt want to do it too soon and scare him off. But i also do like him so dont want to really continue this either if we wont go anywhere.. As i dont want to get hurt.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you know what they say: if you have to ask someone where you stand, you already know the answer.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    you know what they say: if you have to ask someone where you stand, you already know the answer.
    Nah, I don't believe that in relationships, everyone sees things differently and expects different things at different time. Sometimes having a talk to find out where are you with the other person is necessary to determine if things are where you want them to be. I don't think I've ever had a relationship where either I or the other person haven't started this conversation, its usually the gateway conversation into determining if its going to be a serious relationship or not.

As for worrying about him not returning compliments, don't. My gf never returns my compliments, she is nice as hell all the time, but she simply isn't the kind of person to dish out compliments all the time. I live with it, I accept it for being a part of who she is.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Nah, I don't believe that in relationships, everyone sees things differently and expects different things at different time.
    This is correct.

It sounds as if you are saying you miss him to almost force him into saying it back. Don't force things upon him. In a previous relationship, I complimented my gf loads and it was never really returned, so I just ended up not giving any. Now, with my current girlfriend, I actually find it hard to give compliments because it's outside of my normal boundaries, but this doesn't mean that she doesn't look good, or that I don't miss her when she tells me she misses me.

Everybody is so different. Don't see his actions as a reflection upon your own. He probably does miss you, but not saying it doesn't mean his feelings aren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    I kinda agree with this.

None of my previous relationship involved this talk. We liked spending time together so it just happened naturally and progressed with no need of defining 'where we stand' and I like this approach better than 'having to talk about'. To me, if we have to talk about it, then we are not really on the same page. But then again, I am not the best person when it comes to communicating 'issues' in a relationship.

The guy I met texted me only after the 2nd date 'woke up thinking of you'. I did wake up thinking of him too but didn't know how to respond to it. I certainly couldn't say the same thing cos it's really early and I kinda wanted to protect myself so naturally held back my emotions.

In your case, although he didn't say 'I miss you too', which I think it could be cos it's bit too early, his response is still positive.

What are other examples of this?

Thanks for all the responses!!

Yeah, things are going really well with us, i dont even know why i was worrying about it now. I am training for a manager position at work and i was super stressed yesterday!! lol Not to mention my idiot ex left me a voicemail telling me how disgusting my body was and how he felt sorry for my new man having to look at me.. It left me feeling a little self conscious about myself i guess. Im going to change my number today as its not the first time hes done this.

But back to my new relationship, he really doesnt give me any reason to question us when i think about it. He is always the one to initiate contact and to hang out. I think maybe things will just progress and we will move forward when we are ready i just need to go with the flow. Together he is very loving toward me. Always stroking my hair, kissing my face and holding my hand. Like i say, since i met him there hasnt been a day he hasnt contacted me. Usually that would probably put me off a guy, but there is just something about him.
    As i say, he is away camping for the long weekend with his friends so i didnt really expect him to call or text me at all. Well i woke up to a voicemail and a missed call from him.. Saying how he couldnt wait to see me and was going to take me on some awesome date when he was home next week.. So maybe he was thinking about me afterall

As for other things, i cant really remember exactly what i have said in the past that he hasnt returned. I know there are things that have kind of taken me back a little bit but for the life of i cant think of the exact conversation. lol Cant be that important eh.
    I guess its just that i really like him and i worry a little bit sometimes in hope that i dont mess it up. Its been a while since i have felt this excitement and butterflies over a relationship but im going to chill out a little take things as they come and hope for the best
    Thanks again!!