+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex was supposed to come and pick his things.. never showed up. What to do now?

Ex was supposed to come and pick his things.. never showed up. What to do now?

Hi everyone.. Long story short:

After a one year smooth relationship (in which I gave my heart and soul), my boyfriend called it quit because I had 'the talk' with him on commitment. Bummer!

After a pretty emotional break up, he asked for us to stay friends and I said yes.
    Eventhough I accepted the friendship request, I went NC from day one after the break up.
    I really had no interest in talking with him or seeing him. I just needed to heal and get rational.

During a month, he called me a couple of times and ask me to hang out with him, which I refused, it was way too soon. He really was excited about this 'friend' thing but I was never contacting him. It seemed to me that it was just a mean to string me along and get the freedom and me at the same time.

The last call I received was this week, around 11 p.m. and he suggested to come at my place to pick his things up. I said that he absolutely could pick his things up, but that it was too late that day and that he could come during the week-end. During this call, I also told him that I didn't want to remain friends with him even though I've previously accepted his friendship when we broke up. I saw that it was not working because I needed to heal. He seemed pretty disappointed and asked if we could be friends in the future.. I said I didn't know.

He agreed on picking up his things this week-end and ultimately, he never called or showed up. I don't get why and what should I do next...

Thanks for your help!

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just keep his stuff around. He'll eventually come for it.

It's probably for the best he didn't stop by. I actually dropped off my ex's stuff at her work on her day off. She ended up calling me when she came in a few days later but the conversation was short. I ended up realizing that she called on the day that would have been our 1 year anniversary. It was probably just a coincidence, but it doesn't matter anyways. When it's done it's done and NC is the only way to move on.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovehearts View Post
    Give it to the local charity shop, at least you know the proceeds are going to a good cause, it's hardly like you're going to be wearing them is it? :p
    It's not hers to give away. If 6 months go by, that's one thing.

He's trying to convert this meetup into the start of an FWB thing. Don't do it, because he doesn't deserve that. The only way you're going to get rid of his stuff is if you take it to his place when he is home and dump it on his front lawn/porch/driveway whatever.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovehearts View Post
    Yeah but she might not want any reminders of him. Seems sentimental to keep hold of stuff when it's gathering dust.
    Seems like theft to give away something that's not yours.

I do believe after a certain amount of time it legally becomes hers (90 days?). Until then, she has to keep it.

Give it to a mutual friend if you can? If not, tell him he needs to pick up his stuff within X days or you're going to get rid of it. Don't be mean about it, just honest and straightforward. You need to move on and the sooner his stuff is gone, the better.

or just put it in a box in the corner.. or you can just drop it off at his place leave it at his door.