+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Head space!!! What does it mean?

Head space!!! What does it mean?

I was in a relationship for 2-years and the pattern was always the same. Little argument, massive fall-out, she tells me she needs space to think about whether she wants to be with me, I can't wait and end things, 2-weeks later she's back. I just don't understand the head space thing, can anyone elaborate for me?

But why? Surely you decide whether you want to be in something at the beginning not every time something goes wrong? Over 2-years this happened about 15-times, and each time the same. It's not like anything major happened.

because she's not really committed to the relationship and knows at the end of the day you will take her back.

My ex was exactly the same. She would say she didn't know if she wanted a relationship anymore so I'd end it and within a day she wanted back in again.

When it happened in January I caved and shouldn't have, should have just ended it then and walked away. Took until May to find out whilst she was saying she wanted to be with me she was secretly looking for a replacement on a dating website, that's when I realised she just wasn't committed to the relationship and ended it for good this time.

Now she realises I wont take her back she has completely backed off, haven't heard from her for nearly 3 weeks now

The commitment thing

I had thought about the commitment thing and although I'm convinced she's not actively looking for someone else, she does seem to court the attention of other men. What you said fits into place really well. Looking back, she has dated other guys when we've split and I have felt like she was looking around to see if there was anything better. Bit of a revelation really, albeit a sad one! Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    because she's not really committed to the relationship and knows at the end of the day you will take her back.

My ex was exactly the same. She would say she didn't know if she wanted a relationship anymore so I'd end it and within a day she wanted back in again.

When it happened in January I caved and shouldn't have, should have just ended it then and walked away. Took until May to find out whilst she was saying she wanted to be with me she was secretly looking for a replacement on a dating website, that's when I realised she just wasn't committed to the relationship and ended it for good this time.

Now she realises I wont take her back she has completely backed off, haven't heard from her for nearly 3 weeks now