+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Complicated love life

Complicated love life

I'll put simply, I've liked this girl since my freshmen year of high school, last year. As it turns out, she started dating another guy. Despite this, I always had some hope that I'd get a chance to be with her. A year from there, beginning of Sophomore year, I started dating another girl, but I still liked the other girl. As time went by, me and the girl i liked were partnered up for a school project. We started becoming good friends, and she told me about her current relationship and how she's considering breaking up with him, but then said she also liked another guy. Feeling heart broken, I wrote her a note about the past 2 years, and since I didn't see her in school often I thought she'd never talk to me anyways. The same day, she managed to convince me to walk with her. She admitted that at the beginning of the year she used to like me, and that she doesn't like the other guys anymore (meaning she doesn't like neither me, her boyfriend, or the 3rd guy). She told me how if for some reason she breaks up with her boyfriend and starts to like me again she'll take a chance with me. I'm still dating the other girl, but I've been considering breaking up with her before this happened. Am I supposed to break up with my current girlfriend to wait for a girl I've liked for 2 years to possibly break up with her boyfriend, or stay with my girlfriend? I like the girl over my girlfriend, but I don't know if she'll go out with me if she breaks up with her boyfriend. What do I do?

Um, no you don't break up with your current gf on the chance that someone else might date you. This other girl you have a crush on, seems like you are her second choice, her "backup boyfriend". That's insulting to you. Time for you to move on. She sounds wishy washy anyway.

It was nice of her to at least tell you she appreciated the note. In my travels, a gesture like that would usually be returned with silence. Even so, don't break up with your current girlfriend. For one, you don't need to be at this girl's mercy just because she might consider giving you a shot if she breaks up with her boyfriend. It makes you look weak, and she will probably respect you less for it. Second, for all you know she was just saying that to be nice. Girls do silly things, like instill false hope just so they can avoid hurting your feelings in the short term. That line she gave you sounds like perfect brush off material and is full of if and maybes.

One thing to remember:

Teenage romances are practice for the real thing once you grow up. It know it FEELS real right now, but it's not. If you break up with the young lady you're currently going out with, you may or may not get the girl you've had a crush on for two years. If you don't, chances are you won't be single long, and if you do... it's not going to last anyhow. Enjoy them for what they're worth.

Funny mentioning about the silence, we barely talk anymore because anything I'll try to do seems like I'm flirting and she won't talk to me cause she knows i like her...looks like I'll just have to get over her then.

and worse now, we both planned to apply at the same exact place for a job, i applied a week before her, but she gets a call from the manager before me.

Please don't break up with your girlfriend.
    I felt in love with my best friend, she did too and she said she wanted to break up with her boyfriend. I believed it. We loved for 3 weeks and after a while that guy cried and followed her she realized that she still loved him and now I'm the only one whose heart is broken. DOn't be like me ok.