+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Blaming myself..

Blaming myself..

So, I was really smart and started hanging out with one of my exs again...

The backstory is we dated last January (I left a relationship to be with him) and things were great for a few months where in the end he left me for another girl. Throughout the past year he has kept in contact with me and has found a way to stay in my life. Well, in April he contacted me and texting turned into hanging out. I have since moved closer to him (I was away at school) and we hung out constantly for almost a month. I know I was surely naive to some things, but things were amazing. We were getting along even better than we did while we dated last year.

Well, last Monday I was having a crumby day but agreed to go out for a drink anyway. While we were out, his ex (who I know he was still talking to...she wanted a "break" 2 months earlier) called and I saw it and overreacted. That night he kept fighting for me to forgive him and wanted to "fight for me" so I made the mistake of saying if he let her go completely, I would stay around. Well, he called her Tuesday and told her everything, and I got a text Wednesday saying it's better that he be alone and figure things out. Well great.

So I have texted him this week to see if he wanted to get a drink and he either works late (which I'm actually sure is true, his job is crazy), or he just can't.

So, I guess I don't have a specific question in this....just looking for some advice?

my opinion is that if you can forget about him, you should.. dont get in any deeper.. even if he chooses you this time,he will leave you again for the next one...save yourself the misery...

^yep. What she said.

I really want to forget about him and be done with it, but it's really hard. I don't know why I'm still so attached to him. And it sucks knowing that in a few months he'll be back again or I'll get more texts and it's the hardest thing ever to not reply to them.

I was dumb and asked him out for a drink earlier today (his birthday is tomorrow) and he just replied back no to it and that he just wants space. So that's what he's going to get I guess. Even though I want to see him he won't have it. Maybe it's for the best....
    Last edited by luckycharm; 27-05-11 at 06:44 AM.