+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused....

Confused....

Hi I wonder could someone offer some advice on this one.
    I met a great guy 2 months ago. We re both english but he lives abroad in the states... He was home for 2 weeks when we met in Ireland. We hit it off big time and we ended up spending 10 amazing days together, 24/7!! I've never connected with anyone like this before in my life and I know he felt the same.... Anyway he went home, it was very sad, we both cried etc.
    Anyway he started emailing and texting when he got home, he did most of the pursuing and basically we've had a bit of a long distance thing going on for the past 6 weeks.... It's been amazing, he d text me really sweet things like how he only wants to be with me etc etc
    anyway the exciting thing was I was going to be in a nearby state for a week next month for work and he was gonna come visit me!!!! We've been planning it and talking about it for the past 6 weeks..... Each day he'd text how he couldn't wait to see me.... I was living for it!!
    Anyway a bomb dropped the other day when he revealed that he couldn't get time off work to come and see me..... Because of this we also decided to stop texting cos Its too hard, this was his idea...we ve also decided to just email sparingly....I tried to be very cool on the phone, I'm so scared to put myself out there for fear of getting hurt, for fear of looking desperate
    I don't really know what to do
    I think I was falling in love with this guy, I'm not ready to give up on us because of distance
    but now I'm getting paranoid also, is it possible he was just playing me? Stringing me along the whole time?? Why would a guy go from being so into it, so intense! To cutting all contact all together?
    Please comment, I'm so confused...
    Should I tell him that I'm crazy about him or try to forget and move on??
    If he really wanted to see me he wouldve done everything in his power to come see me? Right?

Maybe he had a reality check when he realised he's only spent ten days with you, lives thousands of miles apart and there is no future in the relationship?
    I don't mean to be harsh, but the long distance thing is very, very hard to do.

How much notice did he have that you were coming over? Depending what his job is it isn't unheard of to be refused holiday requests.

I know totally fair point.... I just wish he hadn't strung me along for the past 6 weeks.... If that's what he did that's real harsh... And yet I don't think he would do something like that, he s too nice.... I just don't want this guy to be forever"the one that got away" ya know?? I really want closure!! Should I ask him out straight?

I don't think he did string you along at all, like i say maybe the reality of the situation hit home when he couldn't get time off work - it's just an exercise in frustration liking someone but being so far away with the opportunities to meet up few and far between.

Closure is a rare thing, but you have nothing to lose by asking him. Although you may still not get closure from it!

Thanks for you insights, really helped actually... Will sleep on it

You're welcome

I dont think the guy was stringing you along, I think he is has prob decided the best thing to do is cut contact, even though it will hurt him a lot doing it. I think you should tell himhow you feel before the contact is cut, otherwise either of you will never know.