+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Age limit for attraction - do you have one?

Age limit for attraction - do you have one?

I picked up some clothes from the dry cleaner yesterday, and the person who served me was only about 18 or so, but was very pretty. Had nice eyes, nice body and hair. I am 31, and I feel guilty for thinking somebody that age is attractive. This sounds odd, but do most people have a conscious age limit as to who they like?

I'm 23, and my recent 'ex' of 3 years is 35.

18 though is just so young. Straight out of high school... so much to learn still.

There's no limit if you're a pervert, Imagine you having a daughter coming home with a guy who's 31 ... good enough answer?

-shrug-

I wouldn't pursue a relationship with someone more than 5 or so years older than I am. But I can appreciate attractiveness at any age.

There is nothing wrong with finding her attractive, but that doesn't mean it she would be suitable to pursue. You are both at different stages in life.

On a personal note I have dated someone 17 years my senior and we got along great. Now that I'm single though I wouldn't date anyone more or less 7 years of my age.
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

I also wouldn't date anyone 7 years older than me, actually I prefer he's around 2-4 years older only.

Yeah, most 18 year olds aren't interested in dating 30 year olds, unless they have daddy issues or something.

Nearly everyone would find young people (say 18-21 or so) very attractive physically. They are, they're the healthiest and most potent they will ever be in their life. No matter how old you get surely you can appreciate the beauty of youth.

Various social pressures keep people from acting upon it, though.

I'm 24, though I look rather older, and I feel very conscious of myself being seen talking to anyone who looks a few years younger than me. I know that it is not tolerated.

you can find younger women attractive, there shouldnt be anything wrong with that, unless she is a child, but puberty hits they become a young women/girl that does not mean you can hit on they or try to date them, but that depends on the culture you are in, 100 years ago it was quite common for a older man to be married to a girl in her teens 18ish but past puberty.

I am dating 10 years my younger, and it comes with problems. the relationship happend, i have dated women about my same age or older i do not stickly look for women younger then me.

I personally think that more then 10 years age diffrence is too much, anything byond 15 is asking for trouble or has alternative motives