+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Unsure how to move foreword

Unsure how to move foreword

Hello I'm married have two kids and my wife talked me into having an open relationship. She thought it might might make us happier. She is now seeing someone . I'm not dealing with any of it well, not sure how to be ok with any of this? There is more to the story, but that's it in a nut shell.

Hi. I've never had such a serious relatonship, but I would openly tell your wife how you feel.

Why did your wife want an open relationship? I know some couples are truly okay with that, but I think most succumb to jealousy and hurt emotions when they try to make an open relationship work, because we are human. It seems to me (and this may be completely wrong) that your wife was kind of running away from the problems in her relationship. If something wasn't working in your relationship, or if she wasn't happy, she has to look inside the relationship to fix it...not outside of it.

What was she not happy about? It seems like whatever she's not getting fulfilled through her relationship with you, she is trying to get fulfilled from another relatonship.