+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ending a Dating Relationship....?

I am constantly being confused by men. Particularly this one!

I should admit that the post I tagged onto this thread last Thursday (26th) was done in a rash manner shortly after I received his text. I interpreted his text as an end to our dating relationship and went into no contact mode immediately. From our interactions over the last few months and my research into dating I had assumed that he was only after one thing. I came to this conclusion as he rarely if ever phoned me, his texts became infrequent and I got tired of chasing him rather than him chasing me. (I wonder if it's important to mention that I didn't let him get below the waist until our 5th date and we didn't have sex until 2 and a half months into dating.) So it's been a week since his text; he stated that it seemed obvious that the relationship wasn't working, that I was a lovely person, but he didn't want to mess me about and thus I took this as him ending it. Suddenly today I receive contact from him. I'm still of the mind that he was after one thing, but I guess I'm looking for some confirmation from you men out there. Would a man spend 4-5 months on a woman just for sex?
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

Well now that he hasn't had sex since the last time you slept with him (I assume), he's looking for an easy lay... not that you are easy, but he has already put in the effort with you. You've already reached the point of sex, so it's easier to just call you up, than it is to wait 2 months again to get another willing partner.
    If you think he was only in it for the sex from the start, he was probably is. He didn't want a relationship, and didn't want to see you anymore than once a week... so I think you are smart to realize that. If you're looking for a friends with benefits situation, he's the guy. If you want a relationship of substance... tell him to find someone else to booty call and keep your head held high.

It actually almost sounds like he has a girlfriend, and just keeps you on the side, the way he will not answer your calls without prior warning, and usually contacts by e-mail or text... very fishy... Or maybe he just wants to make sure you two keep your distance and don't get into anything serious. Either way... he doesn't want the same thing you do so it's best to just forget about him!
    Last edited by Capricorn2112; 03-06-11 at 01:48 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12