+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Before getting married...

Before getting married...

...what do women think about the most?

I'm getting married and all I can think about is money, money and money, will I have enough to support her and a child if God blesses me with one. I know with other guys it's mainly about the wedding night and sex, but that's like just 10% for me, 15% about my wife to be and probably 75% is about supporting her.

What do women think about before getting married? What did the women who are married on LF.net think about and what was the split in terms of the actual wedding, sex, children, money etc?

If I had to guess most women think about how they'll look in their dress and about the guy behind that?

Last edited by surfhb; 04-06-11 at 09:43 PM.

Doesn't the comment make sense?

All I'm asking is, if you have to split your thoughts into categories, what percentage of your time did they take up prior to your wedding/marriage.

Honestly I'd be thinking about if I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY ABSOLUTELY sure that this is the right thing to do.
    But I'm a cynic when it comes to marriage. But I would be worried about that whole concept of "ok, this is it, this is the path you're choosing and this is the person you're choosing to walk that path with"
    I'm sorry, I hope I don't freak you out - but I think that's what my biggest thought would be.

Other than that - yeah, the superficial stuff like, the dress, the bridesmaides stuff, the details of the party, etc... (but those seem so minor compared to the "am I absolutely sure" question.

I'd be worried about how you get along. Are their any issues? Issues after marriage tend to surface more and more not less and less. A compatible mate can help get you through financial and other rough periods. I wouldn't be focused on supporting financially as much as focusing on truly loving each other.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Honestly I'd be thinking about if I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY ABSOLUTELY sure that this is the right thing to do.
    But I'm a cynic when it comes to marriage. But I would be worried about that whole concept of "ok, this is it, this is the path you're choosing and this is the person you're choosing to walk that path with"
    I'm sorry, I hope I don't freak you out - but I think that's what my biggest thought would be.

Other than that - yeah, the superficial stuff like, the dress, the bridesmaides stuff, the details of the party, etc... (but those seem so minor compared to the "am I absolutely sure" question.
    Quote Originally Posted by surfer808 View Post
    I'd be worried about how you get along. Are their any issues? Issues after marriage tend to surface more and more not less and less. A compatible mate can help get you through financial and other rough periods. I wouldn't be focused on supporting financially as much as focusing on truly loving each other.
    I'd say those were things you should have thought about before asking/accepting a marriage proposal.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

You really think most other guys primarily focus on 1 night of potential sex when pledging to spend the rest of their life with 1 woman? Nope.

Love, compatibility, finances, practicality, future family, careers. All things I would consider. I didn't even include sex because that's a part of a relationship for me that comes way before marriage.

Also, I'm a male, but I wanted to clarify about your misconception.

Lol....yeah....sexual compatibility has already been established if your going to ask someone to be your wife.
    Last edited by surfhb; 05-06-11 at 12:06 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Finances was definitely a concern. How much do we need for a house, bills, retirement fund, etc. This is something that you should be discussing w/your fiance tho. Its not just your concern, you know. At-home spouses are perfectly capable of bringing income, esp these days--home-based income can really help in today's economy.

BTW, you can get pregnant w/o being married so this is something I think couples should consider when they start having unprotected sex. If you can't afford a child, keep it covered.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I'm getting married and all I can think about is money, money and money, will I have enough to support her and a child if God blesses me with one. I know with other guys it's mainly about the wedding night and sex, but that's like just 10% for me, 15% about my wife to be and probably 75% is about supporting her.
    Well, most married couples hold off on having kids until they're financially stable and they know they have enough money to raise a child. You don't have to have kids right away; it's common to wait a few years, at least. As for supporting your wife...doesn't she have a job? Presumably she could support herself before she got engaged to you, so your combined incomes should be enough for the two of you, right?

Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    I'd say those were things you should have thought about before asking/accepting a marriage proposal.
    I agree, but I'd be very surprised if no one had any little inkling of doubt and didn't think about that after getting engaged.