+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Have I done enough ??? Please help.....

Have I done enough ??? Please help.....

Thank you very much to everyone, for their helpful advices. It's over !!!
    Last edited by transporter; 07-06-11 at 02:31 AM.

Anyone please ???

Well she's feeling guilty......for the wrong reasons and placing blame on the wrong person..........you. That kid decided to take his own life and that's not anyones' fault but his own. It seems like you would of stayed for as long as you possibly could, but hey, you have a kid of your own, with an ear infection and high fever.....you did the right thing. Being a parent comes before being a boyfriend and I'm sure she knows that. If you love her, try to talk to her, but she needs to seriously address that anger problem of hers.

You've done all that you can do and I commend you on how you handled it with patience and care. I'll echo what the poster above said... SHE FEELS GUILTY... instead of accepting her role in his suicide (whether she actually had a role or not I don't know, maybe she was a bad friend who wasn't there when he needed her) she is blaming you because it is easier. She doesn't want to feel personally responsible (which she isn't) so she takes it out on you.

Moreover, she is a wreck, and much of what she does and says she doesn't mean... but that's not to say you should ignore it or let it go. If you truly love her you'll probably understand and forgive her for acting the way she has, but just remember what kind of person she turns into during highly emotional situations, do you want somebody that unstable, that temperamental in your life? If she doesn't want your help in her grieving or whatever process then all you can do is wait to hear from her. Once again, I think you've done enough.

But if it was me I would erase number, avoid at all costs, and forget her. Find someone that understands your son is your priority and is a little more stable, who doesn't lie about who there going out with, and accepts that death, while sad and tragic, is a part of life.

Thanks for the response guys. You both did hit the nail on the head. She does have temper issues and we have talked about it, since this is not the first time she goes off on me. I am not going to lie, it has been a hard week and everyone I talk to, seems to be telling me the same thing. Let her go. What's crazy is that I can see her point. She wanted me to be there but at the same time, it's been a week now, and I have explained myself more than once. I also do understand that she is feeling guilty for not being there for her friend or whatever they were before me. But as mean as this may sound, he made that choice and I could not bring him back. i am also pretty sure that they talked plenty when I was not around. About a month ago I stated my opinion about him and told her what i thought of him and she agreed. In one of her angry txt last week she brought it up and said, are you happy now that my looser friend is dead ?? Like I said, I sent her another txt on thursday and have not heard back...... Is it time to let her go ?? Or should I make an attempt and go see her ?? What do you guys think ?? I was also thinking of talking to her best friend...She does listen to her.Good idea ??
    Last edited by transporter; 04-06-11 at 09:53 PM.

Well, i did get a txt yesterday and for a minute I thought that things were getting back to normal. Once again, I was wrong. She accused me AGAIN for abandoning her. How I only stayed 45 min with her and that I lied about going home to my kid. Also she accused me for being cruel and mean for not contacting her. Once again, I apologised for not being able to stay longer that night. Also told her that i was really hurt from all she had said to me and even so, I still reached out to her on thursday . She denied saying anything hurtful and then she said that she couldn't remember, which I was not surprissed. I told her that I cared about her and let's move on. She responded that it was too late and it was over. I said, OK and wished her the best ! Few minutes later the phone rang and it was her raging as ever. I tried to reason one more time and it was not going anywhere since her temper was off the roof. I asked her, what she wanted from me. When i told her let's move on and be happy, it wasn't good. If I wished her the best and respected her decision to end it, that was not good either. I left it with that. I believe it's pretty much over but i am just Confused .....Any ideas what is going her in her head ??

Ignore her!

Let her wallow in her own misery, and don't let her bring you down. When she contacts you again, just tell her she's hurt you too much and you want to move on. You're never going to win here.