+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I lose interest after two weeks, no matter what.

Contrary to the previous poster, I think there is a LOT of narcissism going on here. You're treating these women like play things to keep you busy. Obviously commitment issues are present. I would think some major counseling is appropriate here, and I also have to agree with the sociopath remark to some extent. A "normal" person would feel remorse, not just play with these women.

Did some terrible things happen to you growing up. You seem really detached from emotion and non-empathetic. I am surprised that these women even like you in the first place, but you probably turn on the charm in the beginning, I assume. It's more sad for you though, cause atleast they'll move on and no loss, they are definitely better off, but if you don't figure yourself out you'll end up miserable I assume. I wonder if you are crying out for help. Even if you are, you may not even realize it because you seem like you have no emotions. It would probably be better for you to get a prostitute or call girl, then atleast it would be fair for both parties. They always say you are paying them to leave and it seems that is what you want.

You know, as tempted as I am to make a jump and diagnose you with some psychological disorder.... (kidding)

I can relate a little bit, although I don't even get all the way to relationship stage. I flirt constantly and am extremely friendly, but as soon as someone turns around and shows interest, I head for the hills.

It sounds to me like maybe you are hitting some sort of self-imposed limit, as far as attachment. You can get to a place where you are attracted to somebody, but as soon as it comes time to put yourself on the line (and put more of yourself into the relationship), you stop. Have you ever tried working through it? Walking step-by-step through it until you can separate and identify your urges a little better? What would happen if you stayed, despite your better judgement? If you went slower? If you backed off and let her take the lead a little bit once you started to feel uncomfortable?

I'm sure he could never answer any of the inquiries because he will never let himself become vunerable enough to a member of the opposit sex (perhaps anyone?)to experiment. Please do not encourage him to experiment anyway... Women in his immidate area were not put on this earth for him to work his shit through. Thanks.

Google a therapist yet, OP?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

???
    People f*ck up relationships all the time because of emotional baggage. The OP is hurting people, just like every Momma's boy/victim of a bad breakup/emotionally vulnerable person on the planet is doing. It's not a unique situation. He's just more aware of it than most people. I don't think basic self-awareness is a mandate to remove yourself from the gene pool and shoot yourself in the face....

I don't think basic self-awareness is a mandate to remove yourself from the gene pool and shoot yourself in the face....
    I happen to think it is. He is aware therefore; if he pre-meditatidly does it then I'm thinking that's pretty damn shitty. People who are'nt aware at least have an excuse to be out there while not knowing any better. They aren't spiteful.

Whats wrong with working on your shit and then going back out there and using humans after you're a little more, shall we say, human-like and less sadistic about it. You forget he doesn't care how he hurts these women. That is a reason to get some professional insight in itself.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 07-06-11 at 07:30 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by KelE View Post
    Did some terrible things happen to you growing up. You seem really detached from emotion and non-empathetic. I am surprised that these women even like you in the first place, but you probably turn on the charm in the beginning, I assume. It's more sad for you though, cause atleast they'll move on and no loss, they are definitely better off, but if you don't figure yourself out you'll end up miserable I assume. I wonder if you are crying out for help. Even if you are, you may not even realize it because you seem like you have no emotions. It would probably be better for you to get a prostitute or call girl, then atleast it would be fair for both parties. They always say you are paying them to leave and it seems that is what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie91 View Post
    You know, as tempted as I am to make a jump and diagnose you with some psychological disorder.... (kidding)

I can relate a little bit, although I don't even get all the way to relationship stage. I flirt constantly and am extremely friendly, but as soon as someone turns around and shows interest, I head for the hills.

It sounds to me like maybe you are hitting some sort of self-imposed limit, as far as attachment. You can get to a place where you are attracted to somebody, but as soon as it comes time to put yourself on the line (and put more of yourself into the relationship), you stop. Have you ever tried working through it? Walking step-by-step through it until you can separate and identify your urges a little better? What would happen if you stayed, despite your better judgement? If you went slower? If you backed off and let her take the lead a little bit once you started to feel uncomfortable?
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie91 View Post
    ???
    People f*ck up relationships all the time because of emotional baggage. The OP is hurting people, just like every Momma's boy/victim of a bad breakup/emotionally vulnerable person on the planet is doing. It's not a unique situation. He's just more aware of it than most people. I don't think basic self-awareness is a mandate to remove yourself from the gene pool and shoot yourself in the face....
    I wrote a reply but lost it all. Sorry, I can't be bothered to write it out again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12