+ Follow This Topic

Thread: falling for engaged man

falling for engaged man

I recently got separated from my husband, we were having problems and i made the decision. Before we got separated i started developing a friendship with a co-worker that has a girlfriend. We you used to flirt with each other and one day we kissed. I feel like i fell for him but after we kissed we stop flirting or talking because we were both in a relationship. However after i got separated from my husband we talked about having sex but then he didnt want to cuz of his girlfriend and i just told him i wanted to keep some distance. He have kept the distance but from time to time we txt each other. 3 days ago he txt me early in the morning saying he was thinking of me, tonight i found out he proposed his g/f and now they are engaged. It really bothers me that he txt me when he was going to get engaged cuz i feel i have feelings for him
    most of our conversations have been by txt messages. I want to talk to him and tell him to stay away from me and that i dont want to be his friend or anything any more. but i feel i need to have a conversation face to face so i can have some closure. I dont know what to say or if it is right from me to ask him to have a conversation face to face. Please any advice on what to do?

What closure? Right from the title it bothered me. Cut this ( unpure friendship) and give his gf a favourite be leaving their relationship In a good state, not disturbed by 3 party. In any case, you are just one of his flings, this guy is probably an asshole, who kept you as an emotional affair escape, and you are being devil by corporate with him. Sorry It's true.

What to do? Ignore him. He's thinking of you but then proposes to his GF? The guy is obviously a class 1 dickhead.

There is no need for a face-to-face confrontation with him. You aren't in a relationship with him, so there is no need for a "formal" breakup with closure. Just stop texting him. Block his number. Send him a final message saying that you don't want to hear from him any more and be done with it. Then move on and concentrate on yourself and other people in your life.
    Think about it this way - if you needed face-to-face closure from someone you only really talk to through text messaging now, what kind of closure would you need with someone you had been dating? A weekend ski vacation?
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

From here on out, try to avoid getting involved with co-workers. It's awkward when things don't work out, and can potentially affect your career.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.