+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does "Its Sorted" actually mean

What does "Its Sorted" actually mean

Hi Ladies

I am looking to the answer to a queston and will give you the background.

I split with my girlfiriend of two years, my fault, hands up on that one, she met someone else and I felt uncomfortable about it, there relationship went knowhere for two months then she confessed she was going to London to sleep with him. I was distraught and two days later sent her flowers and gave her the best speech a man could give, I told her I loved her (Which I do) and promised her a dream life. To my amazement she agreed and I obviously said i wanted him out of the picture.

A few days later she met with him and said to me "It's sorted". A few days later he sends a text and I go ballistic, again she says "It's Sorted".

From that day which just happened to be 1st April I have made her life everything she wanted and she admits that and tells me she loves me 20 times a day.

That was 8 weeks ago and I've just found out she's been texting him twice a week, he has then been asking her to phone him and she has, she swears that they havent' met up and I believe her on that one.

I would just like an honest opiniion of what you Ladies would mean by "It's Sorted".

Thanks in advance

Well, I'm American, so I would never say "It's sorted," but I think it means "I've worked it out" or something like that. However, it seems like your girl is being deliberately vague, so maybe you should ask her to elaborate. You have every right to say "What do you mean by 'it's sorted'?" If she's still seeing him, that could be a problem.

tremolo Guest
    You know as well as anyone it means 'I've dealt with it' / 'It's handled', which is highly ambiguous. Basically, it means nothing in particular except your girlfriend is telling you not to worry about it. Whether or not you really have something to worry about is a different matter.

Looks like it's not shorted to me, she's still texting him, you should be worry of that one more.