+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do you thinks going on? More than a friendship?

What do you thinks going on? More than a friendship?

Me and this girl have been talking for over a year now (currently I'm 18, she's 19). It started in late January and progressed since. We met online (some people might think this is corny but we met over a game). We hadn't become "real friends" just yet. It took quite awhile for us to start talking to each other but now we've been on Skype every night for the past 5 months (obviously some nights we couldn't get on due to vacations or other matters, but basically every night).

It seems like we're acting like more than friends anymore. We are constantly saying how much we love each other, how amazing we think each other are and what not. I've only recently got a phone (about 2 months ago) and we're over about 4000 or more txt's (1500 first month). Whenever we're gone from each other for a certain amount of time we say how much we miss each other, etc.

We used to just call one another our names but now we've been using words like babe/sexy/hottie/beautiful, etc. (All of this has really began to pick up since we started talking to each other constantly)

We're not pathetically obsessed with each other, we're just really close and care a lot about each other.

Since about last month we've been watching movies together online over Skype every weekend. The movies range from Chick-flicks, comedies and occasional horror movie. We have a hint of jealousy within us whenever we're talking to other girls/guys (in a jokingly flirty way, just messing around). In fact I like it when she gets a little jealous when I'm joking around with people (nothing serious).

We've both seen pictures of each other and she's seen me on webcam a while back when we used to talk to other people over Skype (now just me and her, in fact we've made new Skype names to keep things private and get away from people, lol.)

We don't live quite near each other, it's been a relationship built entirely online. Day to day we continue to say we love each other, some things more serious. We flirt a lot and sometimes talk about more private things. She makes me happy and she makes me feel myself around her, there is no awkwardness. She's the best girl I've ever talked to and makes me smile everyday (she feels the same way). We're always laughing at jokes we tell and the things we say. Do you think there is something more than just a friendship going on here? Or is something more than just a friendship possible?

Thanks to anyone who goes out of there way to read this, I appreciate it

Re-read your entire post. It is obvious that you guys are already more than friends. How far apart are you guys? Next time you Skype with her bring up the idea of you going out to visit her. See how she reacts.

Get out in real life and learn to relate to real people. What you have now is a fantasy relationship.

True, disregard my post. You are 18. Enjoy your life. I would love to be 18 again.
    You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want

Just my thoughts - but yep its definitely more than just a friendship. My ex cheated on me in what started off as a 'friendship' that is much like what you're describing.