+ Follow This Topic

Thread: lied to boyfriend about how many exes i've had

lied to boyfriend about how many exes i've had

i know most girls lie down with respect to the number of exes she's had... but i lied up. he's my first boyfriend but i said i've had two exes in the past. i described them as more of flings than relationships, but still.

as to why i lied... when we first talked about this, i didn't know we were going to date. and i've been lying about the number of boyfriends thing ever since i got to college to keep up with the image i've built for myself. yes, i know it's wrong but what's done is done and i really would hate to explain myself to all of my friends. however, with my boyfriend it's different...

should i tell him???

If you're a virgin it's likely to come out so I would tell him. If you just inflated the number by 1 I would not. It's unlikely to be an issue or ever come up unless he's the type that loves to rant about ex's and hear about them. There's no requirement that someone needs to know your entire relationship history. I find it nice to know so I understand them better but don't mind if someone remains vague about it.

actually we've already had sex, and he knew i was a virgin at the time.
    i claimed i had two exes... who i dated for 2-3 weeks each... so not really relationships. but still i said that i made out with them so he doesn't know that i had my first kiss with him...

i don't know, this relationship feels really serious and i really don't wanna have to keep on lying to him about this if it does ever come up

and how do you think this would affect our relationship....?? he definitely wouldn't break up with me over this... but i dont know how he'd feel about me lying about something like this

If you were my gf, I wouldn't really care that you told a white lie like that even if I never found out. It's no big deal. If it makes you feel better to come clean then go for it. If your bf is anything like me, I would always prefer the truth and it wouldn't change a thing between us.

I think you should do what feels comfortable for you. Don't make it an issue. You have a right to your privacy, everyone does. It dsn't sound like your Bf is making any kind of issue of it, so I don't think you should either. I think when you are young and get into a relationship we make the mistake of thinking we have to spill our guts about everything in order to get close to that person. Be truthful, I agree with that, but save the confessions for the confessional. If you are in a relationship with someone that doesn't understand this and won't give you your space and the right to have your own past then you should maybe question that a little. It dsn't sound like that is the case here. In other words, I don't think you are lying, so don't sweat the small things.