+ Follow This Topic

Thread: hard choice to make

hard choice to make

I have been with my gf for almost two years. Several months ago I have started feeling like we are just too different on many levels. There was a time early on that I really thought we could be together long term. As more time passes I keep seeing more and more signs that we are really not compatable. I know she can tell I have not been myself lately. I know I need to break it off but I hate the thought of hurting her. I cannot keep from thinking if we stay together things will just get worse. I'm already at the place where I dread spending time together. Any advice is appreciated...

Just tell her. Dragging it out prevents you (and her) from being available to date others and perhaps find that special someone.

Be a man, give her some closure and give her a reason why, and for pete's sake don't have a talk to try to correct anything. Make sure she realizes it isn't open for discussion.

You have to step up and end it if you feel this way. The thing of it is, even though you hate the thought of hurting her, it is going to happen. Regardless. So just suck it up and make the break.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!