+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My teenage love problem

My teenage love problem

Hello, I'm 16 years old from Sweden and like many others I guess I have a love problem.

I'm in love with this girl that I have been for around 1 year now, my friend is also in love with her and I can see in his eyes that his getting jealous when i talk to her.

In groundschool I never was interested in girls I flirted time to time but now I'm really close to this girl and her friend I allways text chat with them and they see me as a funny guy, also a "gay friend". I get most of their trust becuase they see me as a gay, well this is more lika a joke.

I dress good have a good haircut and smell good. when she hugs me she does it in her own special way not like she hug others.

I also dont know if shes into me, I fear that country and religion will tear us apart too. I dont think she mind but I think her and mine relatives do.

This is my first time I ever feel this way, I dont fear much but some days ago when I got this feeling of love I just couldnt handle it, I have never been in love so much and I think I never will be. I never could cry but I just want to when I think about her and I cant listen to sad songs like Titanic or love songs like Shes gonna fly - Collin Raye. This is killing me!

I dont think there will be more real friendship with this guy if I get in love with her and he has been a good friend for 5 years now.

But then I recently saw this on the forum "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. " ~ Abraham Lincoln. I have to agree with that.

Please help me?!?! Is she into me, what can I do for her to like me like never before?
    Last edited by Rookee; 17-06-11 at 04:23 PM.

Seeing you as a "gay friend" isn't a good thing. Basically they view you as one of the girls. Whatever you are doing to give them that impression, stop it. Be more like a guy around her next time. You haven't given any details to indicate she likes you but base on what you say, it looks like she sees you as a friend. The only way to know for sure is take a risk and tell her how you feel and see what happens.

That is the hardest task ever, I dont like people seing me weak. If I ask her and she says no she knows that my hearth will be broken for sure. They dont know me weak, I never show sign of weakness but I think I will lose my friendship too if I ask her out..

Quote Originally Posted by Rookee View Post
    That is the hardest task ever, I dont like people seing me weak. If I ask her and she says no she knows that my hearth will be broken for sure. They dont know me weak, I never show sign of weakness but I think I will lose my friendship too if I ask her out..
    Yes, it's no easy task to ask a girl out. That's why girls like strong guys who have the courage to do so. Weak ones will always look and wonder why other guys are so lucky to have such a beautiful girl on his arm. One of these days, you'll have to man up and face the challenge. You can continue to live on and hide your weakness or you could finally take action and become strong. Rejections hurts, but it's part of life. No pain, no gain. You're still young, I won't rush you. But I will tell you this as a man who are in his mid 30s. You'll look back in your life and think why were you so afraid of girls back then, you would wish you had taken more risks and approach more girls. You can be a fast learner and start now or you can wait til you're older and still at the same stage. It's up to you.

This is like gambling, but no matter how big the chance to win is for me it feels like if I lose I will lose it all.

One more thing. You shouldn't worry about losing this friendship. First of all, she will not stop being your friend just because you like her. Second of all, if you're in love with her, the friendship will not last because one of these days she'll have a boyfriend. How would that make you feel? Would you want to hang out with her and her boyfriend? You might regret that you didn't take the chance when she was single. And if you are referring to the friendship with your guy friend. You have to decide which is more important to you. I personally would let my guy friend know I also like her too and whoever she chooses, we won't let it come between us. That's how I would handle it. And if he stop being your friend just because you also like the same girl, then you might be better off without him.

The bigger problem is that my relatives are Turkish nationalist muslims, her relatives are Christian orthodox Greek nationalists. We both dont mind really but I do know that his is a problem for both of us,
    I dont know about her but I'm no nationalist. If you wonder why this is such a big problem then I should let you know right here that Greeks and Turks are the worst enemies.

Now what really should I tell her because I have plans on doing it tonight.

Also I forgot to tell that that some weeks ago I were sleeping outside the whole night with this girl and her friend. Her friend asked me in the middle of the night "What do you feel about this girl". I said I like you both but obviously I lied. Is this a sign?

We have plans on doing this again should I ask her then?

The bigger problem is that my relatives are Turkish nationalist muslims, her relatives are Christian orthodox Greek nationalists. We both dont mind really but I do know that his is a problem for both of us,
    I dont know about her but I'm no nationalist. If you wonder why this is such a big problem then I should let you know right here that Greeks and Turks are the worst enemies.
    I think it's sad that prejudice between nationalists still exist in the 21st century. I know I will never truly understand your position. But you have to ask yourself, will you continue to live by these prejudices or break free from it? It's your personal decision and I know it is a tough one. I will not judge you either way you choose.

Now what really should I tell her because I have plans on doing it tonight.

Also I forgot to tell that that some weeks ago I were sleeping outside the whole night with this girl and her friend. Her friend asked me in the middle of the night "What do you feel about this girl". I said I like you both but obviously I lied. Is this a sign?

We have plans on doing this again should I ask her then?
    Go for it!

Well I still dont know how to ask her...

I told her friend that I'm crazy in her, and she " I KNEW IT". I asked how and obviously she knows from the way im flirting with her. It feels good somehow but I still didnt ask her..

I told her friend that I'm crazy in her, and she " I KNEW IT". I asked how and obviously she knows from the way im flirting with her. It feels good somehow but I still didnt ask her..
    That's one way to do it. I'm sure her friend will pass along the message. Once she finds out, ask your friend what she said. Then you'll get your answer how she feels about u.

The only way to do it is to do it. Basically say, "I like you and would like to go out with you sometime. On a date." Make it clear what your intentions are. if she says no, she says no. There is no way to stop that. And rejection does hurt, but not doing anything and then wondering "what if" for years hurts even more.
    As for your friend, no one has "dibs" on this girl. He is free to ask her out if he wants. So are you. And it is up to her to decide if she wants to go out with anyone.

Regarding your nationalities, you are only talking about going out on one date right now. You aren't marrying her. This isn't Romeo and Juliet. Plus, the way prejudices and hatred gets resolved is normally through awareness of new generations and stories like yours.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

You are right I'm not marrying her for now but if that was a possibility then I would without any doubts.

Just wait for your friend's respond. What ever it is just stay strong and talk to your love directly. If she says yes then u know what to do. If she says no U could still say u want to be friends with her. I think it's the right thing to do

i wouldent wait cause if ur other friend likes her to then i think u should just txt her or email her if u cant do it in person or even wright her a note and get it to ur friend to give to her