+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Playing a game ? Or being serious ?

Playing a game ? Or being serious ?

Hey Everyone !

My girlfriend broke up with me last week, We went through a rough patch. I went no contact for 24 hours from Wednesday through till Thursday this week (She told me to leave her alone after many attempts to try to get her back). However yesterday morning she phoned me. She started talking to me however i simply said i was busy and hung up.

I told her to move on, She texted me saying 'Great, Nice to see i ment something to you' basically meaning that she thinks i dont care about her and never have done. I stupidly replied saying 'It did and still does, Why do you think i've tried so hard to show you how much i love you the past few days'. Anyways we met up (Arrrrgh). We started talking and she told me that she 'Wants to try again', At first she wanted friends, And i told her no chance. We went for a walk, Sat down, And well, Kissed for about 5 minutes, Which felt so right :S. I then took her hand and started running, We ran to a place where we first met, And kissed again, Lied down together cuddling, Before moving on elsewhere, We sat in a field and just talked and talked, Then kissed for ages. We left holding hands, And we parted saying 'I love you' and kissing.

Basically, Today we said we would try and take it slow, Give it another chance.

Today, I asked her how are we going to go about doing this ? She said that we will keep it to ourselves incase it didn't work, I said to her that why does she care what other people think! She hasn't told anyone we've been seeing each other etc etc.

My worries are,

- That she isn't telling anyone because maybe she's liking the attention shes getting off guys perhaps ?
    - She isn't interested in actually giving it another chance, But just having someone to be intimate with ?
    - She doesn't want her friends to find out ?
    - She is kind of close to this boy who has 'Supported' her apparently, Like he took her out to some local gig.

Am i to worry ? Or is this perfectly normal ?

Thanks !

Tell her you want a full blown, committed relationship, or no contact.

I agree:

Why would she want to keep you secret if she didn't have anything to hide. Sounds suspect and I think you need her to spell it out what her actual intentions with you are. Make sure you have this convo in person and not over phone or text so you can read her and know through voice reflection that she's being genuine.

Good luck.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I agree:

Why would she want to keep you secret if she didn't have anything to hide. Sounds suspect and I think you need her to spell it out what her actual intentions with you are. Make sure you have this convo in person and not over phone or text so you can read her and know through voice reflection that she's being genuine.

Good luck.
    Thanks Mate ! I was just about to send her the following text later tonight....

' We either have a full blown, Committed relationship, Or no Contact'

And yes, It sounds very suspect to me all of this.

I think you are smart to have your antennas up on this one.She is playing some kind of game.It sounds like someone else is in the picture. And if you HAVE to talk to her in person this is already not good for a long lasting relationship. Check out my blog longtermrelationship.info.

She is hedging her bets, and right now you're the backup plan.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

All above comments sound right to me. When you discussed trying again, she first said she wanted it as just friends! Full blown or NC is best advise to you. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Windmillback View Post
    All above comments sound right to me. When you discussed trying again, she first said she wanted it as just friends! Full blown or NC is best advise to you. Good Luck.
    Thanks everyone !

She said to me she couldn't stand seeing me go for good, And that she couldn't stand to see me with another person. She also said it would take her forever to get over me.

She's either seriously messed up, Or she is trying mind games. Which i've wised up to now.

She hasn't even told her mum that we are talking and seeing each other again (They are like best friends) !

Thanks all !