+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What amount of cosmetics or makeup use/reliance do you tolerate?

What amount of cosmetics or makeup use/reliance do you tolerate?

I have an especially low tolerance for cosmetics and makeup use by women. I mean, those who are prospective romantic or sexual partners.

My opinion was probably shaped by two main things:

1) My first girlfriend, who I was with for a couple of years and am still good friends with, never wore makeup and used barely any other cosmetics or toiletries, just soap and stuff. So, having known this situation, the more common (or near-universal) total reliance on these products that most women have seems especially unappealing.

2) My background is in medicine, and chemical and biological sciences, so I am unable to ignore their composition or ingredients and what they are doing in the body.
    I would never have children with a woman who has, over the years, put many tens of kilos of makeup and cosmetics into (or onto, and thereby into) her body. She is polluted, frankly.

My other main objections include:
    > Every square inch of skin being covered in something or other, either makeup or perfume or moisturiser, something that tastes disgusting to kiss and covers her normal human smell. It tastes and feels unpleasant, and I don't want to ingest it either.
    > Made-up skin necessarily looks unnatural and slightly inhuman. Despite the euphemisms used by the makeup industry and its loyal followers, no makeup provides for a "natural look", lol. What people think is "bad skin" is usually just normal, fine human skin. And being the perverted sicko that I am, I am especially attracted to those who look most like members of my own species and least like CGI renderings.
    > It saddens me that she can't see any inherent beauty in her appearance.
    > It's a practical inconvenience and waste of time.

I have loosened up over the years and occasionally briefly become involved with girls who are into makeup. As if there is any other sort.
    It is usually one of the main reasons I lose interest, or at least keep looking elsewhere.
    Discussing her habits is never wise, and certainly not asking her to make herself clean for you. I'm not sure why it would be unreasonable, though. If a man kept turning up all dirty and sweaty, smelling bad and unclean, I'm sure his lady friend wouldn't hesitate to push him into the shower. In my view, a woman covered head-to-toe in half a dozen different synthetic slimes is also unclean.

I'm basically the only man who gives a **** about this, right?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by eo_ih View Post

I'm basically the only man who gives a **** about this, right?
    Yes, I believe you are. I suggest you look for a hippy colony if you are looking for this kind of woman.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

yes i completely agree with @vashti... weather a gal wears tons of makeup or no makes its her choice.... just like weather a guy drink beer or whisky it all sums up to the same thing for a gal...

my last boyfriend hated it when I would wear make-up. I personally hate to wear make-up but when going to nice events I put a little on. Your not the only guy that doesn't like all those extras. Its sadly a product of the time that its just normal for girls to want to wear and use all that stuff and therefore the majority of guys begin to either like it or become indifferent.

I think makeup is fine as long as its not over-doing it. although you know about the chemicals in cosmetics, you got ot understand that people have been using them since way before people really knew what they were really even made of. (for instance, hats use to be made with mercury, leading to the term "mad hatter")

I personally tolerate it as long as they dont use makeup to cover up their true identiy. I am big on natural beauty. I think it is false advertising if the girl uses makeup to hide what she really looks like.

Pft, I'm not a hippie by any means, yet I don't wear any form of make up ;P

I like to see natural beauty.

With some girls I do end up thinking "I wonder what you actually look like under all that" ... never a good thing.

The thing is, most girls look much much better with minimal, and well chosen make-up.

As such, minimalist approach is best from my perspective.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

I don't usually notice makeup unless a girl's face is decked out like she's going to decorate a street corner.

What really annoys me, though, are high-maintenance barbie girls... the kind that absolutely CANNOT stand getting their hair wet or getting a little dirty... who typically spend excessive amounts of time getting ready (more than 1 hour). Those girls have cooties.

All that matters to me is that my GF cares about herself and how she looks, but without the vanity.

My opinion is probably shaped by two things:

1.) my boner.

2.) respect for decisions that individuals make about their appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Yes, I believe you are. I suggest you look for a hippy colony if you are looking for this kind of woman.
    ... Lmao ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have an especially low tolerance for cosmetics and makeup use by women.
    Are you okay then with makeup worn by men?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I have an especially low tolerance for cosmetics and makeup use by women.
    Are you okay then with makeup worn by men?
    The next sentence perhaps answers this question:

I have an especially low tolerance for cosmetics and makeup use by women. I mean, those who are prospective romantic or sexual partners.
    I'm "ok" with any woman or man painting themselves in whatever absurd ways they wish. But I don't tolerate it on "those who are prospective romantic or sexual partners".

The same would apply to men, I'm sure, if I was entertaining them as prospective romantic or sexual partners.

sadie_genie Guest
    I think a little makeup looks nice. But I know what you mean. When they makeup their face like a coloring book, doesn't know how to apply makeup or too much, it is very distastful. Some can't help it because they have a face full of pimples and need to cover it up, yet obviously we can see the 3D bumps. Or, when they have barely any eyebrows because of overplucking so they need to draw it on. *shudders*. When women have to wear makeup everyday to feel comfortable, all that chemical they put on their face can get absorbed into their body and that can't be good for them.

I think using some mild soap and face cream on the face and maintaining a good diet can really do wonders for the skin.

Bullshit.

My wife wears no makeup on a day-to-day basis, but will put some on for a special occasion. In my opinion she doesn't need any, she's gorgeous as she is.

That doesn't mean I control her makeup use at all... she's always been that way.

OP - What exactly do you mean by "tolerate"?! Are you thinking that you can control what your lady wears? That's not a good way to think. You "Tolerate" what she wears, and that's that. I've dated (and married) women that have worn various amounts. You either accept what she wears or you don't. If it's a "don't" and you can't take it, then it's time to move on.

Now, if she asks your opinion, give it to her and be honest, but be prepared for ire - it's likely she's not really asking for your opinion, but instead wanting you to validate hers.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    OP - What exactly do you mean by "tolerate"?!
    I mean I wouldn't get involved with a girl who doesn't fulfil my "cosmetics criteria". It's something I'd notice or discover fairly early on in any new friendship with a girl so it goes into my decision as to whether or not to continue seeing her.

I mean I wouldn't get involved with a girl who doesn't fulfil my "cosmetics criteria". It's something I'd notice or discover fairly early on in any new friendship with a girl so it goes into my decision as to whether or not to continue seeing her.
    Ok, that's a reasonable approach.