+ Follow This Topic

Thread: love this quickly? i think i know the answer but am unsure.

love this quickly? i think i know the answer but am unsure.

hello there!

So im new to the forum but have a question for you girls.

the story starts about 3 years ago, i was "talking" to this one girl at the time. she would come hang out when we werent working. came to the parties i hosted and whatnot. during this 3 month time period i was introduced to another female friend during one of the parties. i wasnt introduced to her so i can hook up with her or anything, it was just someone new i hadnt met before and was one of my roommates good friends. we talked for a few minutes and she was really cool. she attended a few more parties and we would chat for a bit each time. i am not one to "talk" to multiple girls at the same time so nothing happened.

so after a month or so the first girl ended up moving away and seemed to just want sex.

me and the second girl lost touch with eachother after i moved out of the house with the roommates. here recently after three years of not hearing or speaking to her, she end up going to a four day music festival with a group of freinds i was going with as well. we seemed to hit it off pretty good. i never got her number and had to ask a friend for it. we texted for a couple days and ended up hanging out. the first time we hang out without other friends around we go watch a skate competition, she invites me to watch a movie afterwards. during the movie a friend calls her and says she is going downtown for the night for her birthday so she would like her to come. she ends up inviting me to go with her and her friends. after going out with her and her friends she stays over at my place. we dont do anything in bed other than talk. the next day we lay in bed till 5pm talking. we hit it off very well.

this is where it starts to suck. the whole time we were at the music festival i knew she was going to be leaving about a week after to do some traveling around the US (she is running from ex and family problems). while talking in bed it seems like she doesnt like much time between dating someone. but, she has just gotten out of an abusive relationship about a month ago. so when i have to say goodbye i know it will probably be the last time i would see her in a very long time. i did tear up, not in front of her though. while texting after she has left my house, she tells me she likes me and is attracted to me. but also tells me she wants to wait a little bit because of her recent last relationship. i am not trying to rush anything. i just dont know how not to let her drift away while she is gone.

i have been in love before, i have had a crush, i know what its like to have butterflies and to like someone "different".and im not one to right off the bat tell someone how i feel, but with her it was hard not to tell her what i thought of her. i wanted to do everything in my power to help her with her problems so she could stay here. i feel like something so precious to me is gone and i dont know what im to do.

What is your question? Are you asking if you should tell her you love her or not? You really shouldn't. You only spent about a week with her recently, that's not really enough time. Allow yourself to be absolutely sure about those feelings before you say them. The only way to be sure is to spend more time with her. Also, you'd be putting her in a strange position if you tell her. What is she supposed to do with that information? Cancel her travel plans? That's not really fair.

I'm sorry I guess the question is a little confusing. I was not planning on telling her anytime soon. I just don't know how to keep her interested while she is still traveling. She admits she likes me and finds me attractive. And I don't expect her to feel the way I do.

Thanks for clarifying.

Just keep up whatever means of communication are available. Keep it light and flirty and fun. Ask her a whole lot about her travels and what she's seeing and where she is and stuff. Just keep it going. Is she coming back to your area soon?

Not really. She plans on coming to visit for her birthday in October. She may come home before then if things don't go the way she plans. Thank you very much for advice. Do you think random gifts would be too much? Things to help her from getting homesick? Nothing fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by rumpleforeskin View Post
    Do you think random gifts would be too much?
    A "period care package" would be perfect.

Kidding. Sorry.

Seriously, though, random gifts might be a bit much. I mean, if it comes up in conversation that she misses such-and-such from her hometown, it might be nice to offer to send her some. But no unsolicited gifts. Always ask first if you can send something. Keep it to a minimum.

Haha yes period care package sounds great!

Yea I didn't plan on anything extravagant. I think gifts was the wrong word to use. Care package was more what I meant.