+ Follow This Topic

Thread: No Contact Rule help

No Contact Rule help

Hi,
    It has been almost two weeks now since we made the NO CONTACT rule. I pretty much told her I will be waiting until she figures out what she needs to figure out.
    I just don’t see how she could be missing me or loving me without any contact.
    HERE is my dilemma/what I was thinking:
    I was thinking about putting a small paper crane on her windshield while she is at work one night. (it is a small paper crane from right before we started dating. someone had given it to her, who had a crush on her, and she had suprised me with it, it was really cute)
    Do you think this is a good idea? I wouldnt actually be breaking NO CONTACT rule, it would just be leaving that, something small, on her windshield to remind her of me, and when it was good.

I'm kind of scared it might backfire, or she would think im not respecting the rule, I dont know. please help

any female specific advice?

Leaving something on her windshield would be kind of creepy.

Plus, you'd be doing it to get some sort of reaction from her. You agreed to not contact her, so stick to your word.

dang. I was hoping it wouldnt come off as creepy. I'm a pretty traditional hopeless romantic. It bother's me that romantic stuff done decades ago, would seem creepy or weird now.

Is there anything I can do instead of just sitting her waiting for her to contact me? (besides getting in touch with myself, which i have been. hanging out with friends every night, im starting up guitar lessons next wednesday, etc.)

I don't know the details of your breakup, but if you left it as an open ended "call me when your problems are fixed" thing, then that could be weeks, months, years, or never. You should probably stop waiting altogether and just move on. If she calls you, great, go from there.

well the main reason i am considering this is because we BOTH have intentions of getting back together at some point. we (her) just needed a break and space. she wanted to "find herself" and be more independent instead of being so dependable on me and her family. We mainly had a lot of external pressure, not much wrong with "us." We are 21, and 22, havent lived together yet but were about to move 10 hours away from here where we knew nobody, and move in together,l and get $150,000 in debt. Way too much pressure for her, and we changed our minds, but it was too late, she still needed the space from all that pressure.
    but like i said, there is still intention of getting back together. A lot of my stuff is still in her room (she just hid most of it out of sight for now). So this reasoning is why i thought the crane idea might be ok. Let her know that I am still here for her. Thank you for the advice so far. I suppose I should just hold off until she contacts me then?

yeah definitely hold off. I left my ex alone for 4 weeks, didnt even think she missed me and got on with my life. Then i got a load of texts from her saying how much she missed me and wished things could be different and doesnt like NC because we shared so much together. we chatted for a bit through text but I kind of gathered she wasnt ready to get back together so I said not to contact me until she does want to but by then it might be too late because NC is me working on myself and moving on. If she wants you back dude she will come back but dont be concentrating on it, use this time to reconnect with old friends, work on yourself so that you will meet someone who doesnt break up with you one day!

I appreciate that Irishgerry. With the experience as well as an answer to my question. I will hold off for now. It is pretty scary not knowing, but I have been hanging out with friends and doing all kinds of stuff, taking pictures with friends, tagged in facebook with friends and girls. so like i said, from the outside i look confident and all. I have been flirting with girls and having fun, but it still feels hollow.
    All I can hope for I suppose is to have fun and hope that she is thinking of all our good times, which vastly outweigh the ending bad stuff.