+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Like deciphering code...ex speak that is.

Like deciphering code...ex speak that is.

I emailed my ex a picture of our son at a pool. She reponded all happy with did he go in, etc. I said yes, he loved it. She replied with how she wished we could have raised him together and how weird it is sharing seperate stories. I said I know, its hard. She responded in cryptic talk with "I think I already knew what you know, which is why I held on so long. Maybe one sunny day we'll both wake up and be ready for it." I emailed back with "held on? Ready for what?". No reply. Then I sent another message with "if you'd like to try to be friends, why not have a coffee with me?". I was adamant about not being friends but, really, who cares? Friends are friends. She said it would be too dangerous, that I have a way of "drawing her in". I then said I do still like her but I know she doesnt feel the same way and thats ok. She said "On the contrary....this just isn't the right time." I then went to bed thoroughly confused.

Ex speak. Its a language unto its self!
    Last edited by Toddstar; 23-06-11 at 09:04 PM. Reason: spelling

She told me more; of course I read too much into what she was saying. Basically there was a part of our past that was less than savoury and she cant get over it as much as she wants to. She still cares about me, still thinks about me all the time, but this one year together she cant get over. She said its not me anymore, it's her; she knows I am not the same guy but I remind her of the past. Cest la vie.

I am not heartbroken anymore, I am more understanding of her situation now and I respect her more for it. Sometimes two people are just not meant to have a life together, no matter how badly each other wants it. Life is a weird place. But it is what it is.

This is kinda crucial in the kind of words you bring in the play....

But imo all you need to do now is to act more nonchalantly but at the same time sweet and flirty to her....

Take your time to fix your demons and let the rest take its course.