+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what can i give my fiance to comfort her during her period

what can i give my fiance to comfort her during her period

I want to put together a “care package"/"i love you” package/"comfort" package for my fiance just before she starts her period. I want to show her that I love her… care for her… and will do anything to comfort her.

She gets painful cramps and I hate seeing her in pain.

What should I put in it? I have the heart-shaped box already…

Do you mean just like chocolates and things like that, or do you mean "period stuff" like Midol and a heating pad? Either way, it's kind of weird to give someone a "period care package." She's been dealing with it on her own for however long now, leave her to it. You're trying too hard.

chocolates, teddy bear, stuff like that is what i was thinking

I still maintain that it's a weird reason to give someone a gift. Almost intrusive.

But whatever. In general, for a cute care package for a girlfriend, chocolates - yes, teddy bear - no (just because I'm not a fan, but your girlfriend might be), her favorite candy, a DVD of her favorite movie, a book you know she'd like, maybe some slippers and a robe, some bath stuff, etc. The more personalized it is, the more impressive. Like if she's mentioned she really wants something or expressed an interest in it and you get it. Score. Same with anything inside-jokey and playful.

Seriously though, reconsider giving her a gift for her period. It's just really unnecessary. If you really want to make her feel better during that time, just let her know that you'll do whatever she asks you to do.

That is just creepy. Just make her a brew when she wants one.
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    oh my god, if you gave me a heart-shaped "care package" when I was PMSing, I would kill you for sure.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hahahaha, if I ever got a 'period care package' from my spouse I would die laughing! I think its a great idea.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I personally think it's a lovely idea, especially if she cramps terribly.

One thing I highly recommend you add is a hot water bottle, with a nice soft cover. There is nothing better for cramps than a hot water bottle.

Also don't call it a period care package. That sounds odd. Actually don't call it anything. Give it to her saying "I hate to see the pain and discomfort you go through each month. I hope something in here can make you feel better." Here's a tip though, if you want to be super awesome, top it up with her favourite chocolates (and I think pain killers is a nice idea too) each month. But only if you are prepared for the possibility of doing it every month for the rest of your life.

You are enagaged to her.... is this something you only thought of now? And are you going to give it to her EVERY month? I think it's sweet don't get me wrong, just sounds a bit out of left-field...
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    I personally think it's a lovely idea, especially if she cramps terribly.

One thing I highly recommend you add is a hot water bottle, with a nice soft cover. There is nothing better for cramps than a hot water bottle.

Also don't call it a period care package. That sounds odd. Actually don't call it anything. Give it to her saying "I hate to see the pain and discomfort you go through each month. I hope something in here can make you feel better." Here's a tip though, if you want to be super awesome, top it up with her favourite chocolates (and I think pain killers is a nice idea too) each month. But only if you are prepared for the possibility of doing it every month for the rest of your life.
    This. Only if she has complained to you about how much pain she's in each month. And I stress the part about not calling it a period care package. Do just what MM said. Chocolates and pain killers are good... so is tiger balm and maybe a movie and popcorn. When I get really bad cramps, when I have the luxury I just lay in bed and watch TV until the pain subsides.

Oh, and - nix the teddy bear and heart shaped box.
    Last edited by tremolo; 24-06-11 at 01:24 PM.