+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it wrong?

Is it wrong?

Hi, Ive been in a relationship with my gf for 6 months now and we are very much in love.

Every year her and about 20 of her friends (male & female, some are couples too) hire a large holiday home for a weekend getaway. Now ive been invited to the next holiday away but there is something i am not comfortable with..... my gf tells me, and ive seen photos, that when they all get very drunk they usually end up all stripping off and dancing around/skinny dipping/sharing a hot tub.

Now my own friends and I have never done anything like this (and i am by no means a prude)

The thing is i dont really want my girlfriend stripping off in front of other men.... even more so if im there!

Is it wrong of me to ask her to keep her clothes on? i realise they always do this and there are other men there with wives/girlfriends who dont mind at all.

Ive been thinking of declining the invite but i dont want to lie to my gf about why im not going.
    And then even if i dont go but she does, and then i hear the stories/see the pictures of them all partying naked I dont know how i will react!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

well - since this is a once a year (and not a guaranteed occurrence) you're best strategy is to keep this a minor issue. And the sure fire way into making this a big issue would be to lodge a formal protest. Then it becomes about controlling her behavior you probably dont want to go there.

You say keep this a minor issue.... do you mean i shouldnt say anything?

Obviously im not going to try and tell her what she can/cant do but we have always said if something bothers us about each other we should always be honest. If we go and everyone starts stripping im not going to be able to sit and smile while she runs around naked therefore she will know something is wrong.
    Then if she asks me what is wrong ill have to tell her which in a roundabout way will be me asking her not to do it! what do i do?

Welcome to the 21st Century. This is perfectly normal these days and you should really trust her more.

tremolo Guest
    I don't think there's anything wrong with you feeling the way you do. I would never consider getting naked in front of any guys if I had a boyfriend, but if, let's say, I did, and my boyfriend told me he didn't want any men to see me naked, I would be pleased that he wanted me all to himself. Your girlfriend could just strip down to her underwear, if you were comfortable with that, or could undress in the water with you near her, so no one could see anything...

I don't know. I'm all for skinny dipping, but when I'm in a relationship, I'm sexually possessive of my partner, and I want and expect him to feel the same.