+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Short break = ?

Short break = ?

Me and my bf have been together less than a year and he just told me that its better if we take a short break. The reason is we have been kept arguing even on small small matters as we both also ill tempered. I am very sad and feel the knife in my heart when he admitted he does not love me that much anymore compare to last time.

I don't believe in short break. But I still miss him very much. I don't think I can fall in love again to anyone anymore. But I am not sure if the 'short break' means he no longer interested with me but just a nice way to tell me off. But he said still loves me.

I can't stand without contacting him like this. one day is like forever. The heart aches just wont go away. What are guys thinking?Our photos are still inside his facebook. I am sure I cant take it when I know 1 day he removes it. What should I do to make me feel better? How to move on?

If you are arguing constantly you need to look at the reasons why. Maybe it's that you're not compatible with each other? Or it's that you are too comfortable and no longer being as respectable to each other as you once were.
    A break can help you both realise your true feelings, it can mean when you next see each other you won't take the other person for granted and work harder to make the relationship work. It doesn't have to mean it's over, however you should also accept the possibility that it could well be!
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

"Or it's that you are too comfortable and no longer being as respectable to each other as you once were." - I guess so....

I will become angry and upset whenever he raised his voice which last time never will do that to me. I also wont shout at him or fight back like the way now. He said he will change and be more patient towards me. I understand we both not trying hard enough and maybe now he is getting fed up as I admit I also feeling tired. But there should be other alternative,e.g. to talk to try to make things better rather than to break like that. He is the guy that I want and I dont want to lose him just like that. I dont know what should I do besides waiting for him. But waiting for him without contacting is really make me crazy and heart aches. I worry the 'short break' really means a total break for a guy. How long should I wait?

Don't put yourself in the position I was in. If he wants a break define the parameters on agreeing whether it's ok to see other people or not. Give him a month at best and if he hasn't come around, you've given yourself a month head start on getting over him.

I honestly think the guy needs to make the first move here, I would wait for him to get in touch.
    How long has it been?
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

[URL="http://www.myboyisanidiot.com"]Love[/URL] is there still in both of your hearts. And its as strong as before. It happens time to time forced by the situations. But I think there was something you had to do when he talked for a short break. You could ask the reason and the benefits of this break. Did not it hurt to him? Of course yes, if he really loves you. But do not take much time, try to sort out all things as soon as you can and don't argue with each other. Instead of any misunderstanding try and avoid those small things which create mishaps. Try to understand the feelings and let him take a chance. If it will seem you good than its fine otherwise you can choose the else! I am sure there is more than what we desired around the world to keep us happy and live life with love. So chill and make the right decision.
    Last edited by deepika_16; 24-06-11 at 03:59 AM.

he did not contact me for 3 days after the last argument. then when i contact him back, its my fault that i push him and still blame him for not contact or comfort me. today is the 2nd day since the short break. but i still do not know whether is it short or forever break. i plan to email him tonight to let him know how sad i am now, how pain i am now, how sorry for not trying harder to make us good. i also plan to search back the messages and paste in the email. at least to show to him, we not only arguing. there is also sweet memories between us, so loving before...if he is willing to get back together, of course i will try even harder, to control my temper...and find a way to control his, such as not fight back when he is losing his temper.

i just don't understand why need to no contact. why you need the time to think? what are you thinking? to get used to your life without me? to forget abt me? its just an excuses to end the relationship??

just give it time.. contact him in a week if he doesnt first and find out whats going on..

I know that you're in a different relationship than I was, but my ex also asked for a break about a year into our relationship. I felt the same as you, everyday dragged on forever, I felt so hurt and so lonely without her. When she did take me back, things were great for a few weeks, and then she just started treating me differently. I should have seen it all along but I was too blind and too in love. Eventually she left me.

What I'm trying to say is watch for the signs when and if he does come back. He may just miss you a lot, take you back, realize he doesn't want you again and then break your heart even worse.

I'm not trying to scare you or make you upset, but I know the pain I felt was the worst I've ever felt, and I wish I would have seen the signs and let her go during that break instead of taking her back for another 3-4 months of stress, anxiety and heartbreak.

Short break = first date with somebody else.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

heres the thing.. its not fair for him to leave you in a limbo state.. so you need to find out if you are broken up or just taking time to figure things out.. Its not fair to you

Sounds like you guys aren't compatible. When people argue over every little thing like this it's never good. It's not that you two don't agree on a lot of things, it's just that you're not on the same page. I went thru this wiht my ex, at one point it's like we were perfect for each other, then one day it all went to hell. I also don't believe in breaks and would never take one. A break is the end for me and I'm moving on. If you want to try to work it out, you need a clear understanding of what this break is all about, but never wait on someone to decide they want to be with you, you're worth much more than that.

we already talked then i gave him another 1 week, to meet on sat. but surprisingly, yesterday he asked to hv dinner tonight. he used to find me on every wed nite. i dunno what is he thinking. but i don't hv a feeling he want it. gosh...i can't bear with this pain anymore. i also hv problem at work. i really can't cope with it anymore. now i just prepare myself to accept his decision, to let him go...hope i can make it...just wanna b strong

love is very fragile...i really believe if he want it, we can do much better. if he doesn't want it, i already made my effort, nothing much i can do...hope you really make your mind.