+ Follow This Topic

Thread: hard time gaining trust after a breakup

hard time gaining trust after a breakup

My ex and I broke up i October, it was a very long and drawn out break up with a lot of drama including him having to leave school for a semester. We went with minimal contact for a few months but we recently come in contact and realized the connection between us is too strong. The issue now is that our friends and families are very much against us getting back together and on top of that we have both tried moving on and seeing other people and since the break up was so dramatic we were both hurt very much. I had told him to move on and try to get over me but when I saw him last night he confessed to having been with other people. I told him to do this so I can't be upset, but since I haven't been with anyone in a while it bothered me. It is hard to regain trust and believe what he says when we've been apart for so long and I am so afraid that we've grown too far apart even though we love each other still. Any advice?

You broke up for a reason....you couldn't work things out. People tend to forget why and the only thing remains is your feelings. Don't get fooled into a false security to reunite. All those issue will rear their ugly head again, for a relationship cannot survive on love alone. I suggest you just walk away because things will never be as it was anyways, and you will clearly be disappointed.