+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What are you thinking about question?

What are you thinking about question?

Why does a women ask the question what are you thinking about?
    Is it a question that indicated interest, or is it something else?

When my BF is looking off into space or staring at me with a slight grin on his face I alway say 'What are you thinking?' just out of curiosity coz it is clear his head is in the clouds or his face is saying something I can't quite distinguish. I don't just randomly ask though, my BF generally tells me when something is on his mind.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

my gf sometimes asks me this during conversations and i usually take as a "penny for your thoughts" general comment or to try and keep the conversation going (because she enjoys the intellectual type of convo's we have, as do i)

now in the past, other girls who weren't my gf but i was "courting" them so to speak would ask me this....it was a ****ing bullshit question to randomly pull it out of their asses at inappropriate times like they did and when i'd only known them (2 different girls) for about a week

i think women (and men probably) through this question out because they see it in movies, if you can't think of anything to say you could always say "i don't know" or in turn ask them what they're thinking

I've asked this of some men I've been with, but not as a manipulative ploy. Oddly enough I just started dating a man who asked me this on our first date, I reckon he was feeling me out. When I ask this question of someone I'm intimate with it is usually because he seems to be elsewhere or he's looking too intently into my eyes.
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

Over the years I have learned that most women's brains are constantly thinking something, so when men "space out" women think men are thinking something too. However men have the ability to relax and actually shut off their brain, sort of a daydream, but like a blank TV screen. So when men "space out", they are really not thinking anything, their mind is at rest and is a complete blank.

So when a woman asks "What are you thinking?" and a man says "Nothing", it's the truth! Funny, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Over the years I have learned that most women's brains are constantly thinking something, so when men "space out" women think men are thinking something too. However men have the ability to relax and actually shut off their brain, sort of a daydream, but like a blank TV screen. So when men "space out", they are really not thinking anything, their mind is at rest and is a complete blank.

So when a woman asks "What are you thinking?" and a man says "Nothing", it's the truth! Funny, but true.
    Totally true. I do that sometimes. Of course girls don't believe it. They just think I have something to hide. lol

tremolo Guest
    My boyfriend used to ask me that after we made love. I thought it was so odd that he would ask me... I thought men hated when women did that!

Woman is the most complicated creation of GOD, I believe. It is hard to understand, what woman thinks and why!
    If any woman asks you what are you thinking, she must has interest in you or she doubts whether you are thinking anything wrong to her. This is what I felt with woman. If you are asked then you are invited to a [URL="http://www.myboyisanidiot.com"]relationship[/URL]. She is very clever, be careful and have a happy relation with her.
    Last edited by deepika_16; 28-06-11 at 05:10 AM.