+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I psycologically screwed?

Am I psycologically screwed?

I posted this in the female forum but I think I want some feedback from the guys too...although slightly different...I just want to know what kind of psycological issues I might have. Feel free to comment on the situation if you wish too.

Not really sure what the topic title could be but it somehow seemed appropriate...probably because I tend to over-think a lot of things.

As this is my first post I think I should begin by saying a little about myself.

Firstly, I am English, I tend to be very shy (due to a combination of not wanting to be pushy - which I sometimes fail at, and also a fear of rejection), I tend to need people to start conversation otherwise I'd probably sit in silence thought sometimes I take a "leap of faith" to say a short statement or even a hi or how are you. I'm brutally honest, I tend to explain things to ensure people don't misinterpret. I've been single for almost a year, mostly by choice, I don't think of relationships because I like to beleive it's best to just "let things happen" regardless of if this is the right train of thought or not and beleive you cannot be happy in a relationship if you can't even enjoy your own company (feel free to critasize this), I am open to all possibilities.

About 3 months ago I started a new job which I met this girl who is 7 months younger than me, I am 22. The girl I meet is polish but speaks decent English. As I do not wish to be pushy I went with very simply things like, smiling at her. I glanced at her alot when we worked together...she overheard me saying she is "kinda nice" (and I quote) which I genuinely did not think she was close enough to hear as I was talking to a collegue. We smiled at each other for a while, I added her to facebook, she went to visit poland for 2 weeks, I didn't see her for like 3 weeks total, she didn't accept my friend request on FB til she was back from poland in which we had very breif conversation. Then I had a moment one day of maybe 15 seconds where I pretty much lost control and couldn't help but litterally STARE at her. We seemed okay 1-2 days after that (in terms of the usual breif communication) - which is basically hi how are you and bye... she never once replied to something I said on facebook (which was basically hello and a 1st message of "was starting to think you wouldn't add me lol you are probably at work now but how are you") none of these received a reply...she has said hello to me once since then (which was about 3 days ago) I see her rarely at work and when I do she is talking to friends (in polish) and I feel insanely rude to even think of interrupting her conversation (I guess it's the way I was brought up) But considering I have not thought about a relationship for like a year now this one girl made me think about her every damn day and I can't think of a single way to get closer or even start a decent conversation (we don't work together often). The result was this...

"I have wanted to know you for almost 2 month, you appear fun. You added me to facebook when I requested but we never talk...When I said "alright" to you a few weeks back I didn't mean it in a british way...I wanted to know how you was and/or how your day had been I know you didn't know that but now I'm telling you lol. I hope when I stared at you I didn't freak you out but I just couldn't take my eyes off you.
    Now that is all said, if you want me to leave you alone I will...
    But what I want is to get to know you better..."

Critasize and advise freely on the whole situation or just my final message I sent her like 15 minutes before writing this...any help or critasisms appretiated...even if it's aimed at my psycological flaws...What I really want to know is your opinion on my message to provoke some sort of response if I should be waiting around or to let her live her life without me trying to pull her. And also your opinion on if she likes me or not, and how my message may have changed/reinforced that I know this seems like a petty situation but it's really concerning me...

*edit*
    Oh and I forgot to add that the
    Now that is all said, if you want me to leave you alone I will...
    is because in the past few days she has walked past me without even saying anything on a handful of occasions but was only 2 days ago she last said hi to me (when none of her friends was present and during a time where we couldn't stop for a conversation)

**edit**
    Sorry for the insanely crappy English, Just finished a 12 hour shift and didn't really sleep last night due to the heat, guess the tiredness got to my spelling ability.

um.... kinda creepy... just relax dont be so hard on yourself and act so desperate.

I was creepy from the stare onwards? or before that?

and Thanks for your reply

Man i have no idea.. this medicine ****ing me up.. um.. oo yeah... the staring part was creepy, plus the facebook stuff.. almost like you acting possessive, and your message was desperate.

Thank you for your response