+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Considering breaking NC

Considering breaking NC

So its my second Friday now, and been exactly 2 weeks since I saw my ex. I've been strong with my NC until now, but I'm wavering, I want to see what she is up to, all my friends are busy with things and I'm at home on a Friday night.

How do people continue to get through this? I want nothing more than to call her :S

tremolo Guest
    Don't do it. That said... I broke NC the other day, as you know. I never said I wanted to get back together, never said I missed him, said I didn't need a reply... but I was slightly disappointed I never got a response to the heartfelt letter I sent. For all I know, he's in bed with a new girl tonight and doesn't remember who I am. Eh...

Be strong and distract yourself. Watch a movie. Call a friend. Don't phone the ex, whatever you do. You'll be glad you didn't in the morning.

tremolo Guest
    Btw... the 2nd week is hard. It's really hard. Just be strong.
    Last edited by tremolo; 25-06-11 at 11:39 AM.

Its so sad. You don't need to do this anymore. You have to live as usual as you haven't loss any thing. You have to make other feel without you. What if she is not so serious about this [URL="http://www.myboyisanidiot.com"]relationship[/URL]? You just chill out and see there is only happiness and only fun in life. Every thing happens for the good only. Talk to her when its necessary and let her feel good as nothing happened between you. You are still good friends. This how life has to be. So go out on Friday night and have fun with friends. We have one life to live!
    Last edited by deepika_16; 26-06-11 at 04:19 AM.

Just think about how much worse you're going to feel after the conversation. At least that's how it always goes for me. Stay strong, man.

Everything is going to fluctuate for a while.... think of it like a wavelength that fades off as you go along. The beginning will be the hardest because you'll have your ups and downs but they'll be at their most intense strength... you'll miss her really bad, then you'll feel over it really easy, then back and forth. But as long as you stick to it they'll both slowly die down until you eventually hit neutral and just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by deepika_16 View Post
    Its so sad. You don't need to do this anymore. You have to live as usual as you haven't loss any thing. You have to make other feel without you. What if she is not so serious about this [URL="http://www.myboyisanidiot.com"]relationship[/URL]? You just chill out and see there is only happiness and only fun in life. Every thing happens for the good only. Talk to her when its necessary and let her feel good as nothing happened between you. You are still good friends. This how life has to be. So go out on Friday night and have fun with friends. We have one life to live!
    That's the truth. Just think of how crappy you'll feel when you find out all this pain you've been going through is all one-sided, and she hasn't been nearly affected by it as you. That's one of the main things that kept me going. I figured there was no way she's going to live her life however she wants and leave me crying because of it. I'm gonna get out and live life while I still can.

Although..... I did go swimming with sharks a few days ago. That might have been overdoing it

I have come to the point that I'm over him and be able not to talk anymore , I just Don't Care. It takes time but eventually you will, be strong.

lol instead of contacting my ex I peek around these forums usually til the need goes away. It's happenin farther and farther apart so thankfully I'll be good soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    So its my second Friday now, and been exactly 2 weeks since I saw my ex. I've been strong with my NC until now, but I'm wavering, I want to see what she is up to, all my friends are busy with things and I'm at home on a Friday night.

How do people continue to get through this? I want nothing more than to call her :S
    2 Weeks is a long time ! Its a long time to not hear or see that one person who means the world to you ! Its easy to get sucked into the whole breaking of no contact rule, Although generally i say don't break it, If you have to then just follow your heart and your head, Whats the best that will happen when you contact her ? Is it really worth it ? Don't regret doing it, Just learn from it in the future.

Cerby dont do it man... I did that and am back to square one. You accomplish nothing... wanting to contact her is that voice in your head lying to you. Ignore your thoughts.. they are never honest.

Yeah I broke no contact today because my ex sponsored me for a 10k run I'm doing so I texted him to say thanks. He responded asking how I was and I just sent a brief friendly text back and he sent another one but I didn't respond. I've actually been totally fine up until today, now I feel crap and have spent most of the day analyzing the texts when infact I know they mean nothing and I'll probably never hear from him again. So wish I hadn't done it, so true that you just set yourself back. You just torture yourself, you feel good cuz they responded but bad because they don't seem bothered and are not suggesting you get together and talk.