+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Jealous of him liking another

Jealous of him liking another

My boyfriend has a best friend they have been friends for a VERY long time before I was ever his girlfriend...
    I noticed he spends alot of time with her and we have a very good relationship been together for a year now.

I always knew that he liked her and he told me he has liked her since he met her. I KNOW they are only friends and she doesnt like him like that because she can only see him as a friend.

But I am still jealous...of absolutely nothing...I think
    I guess I am just jealous of him saying he likes her in that way.

You should talk to your Mister J about this. It sounds like he might still have a crush on her, and their whole "friendship" is lop-sided because he keeps hoping for more. By now, he should know that they will never have that kind of relationship and if he wants to be with you, he needs to treat you right.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He still likes her? Umm I wouldn't be very happy knowing I'm second to his best friend.

The sad truth of the matter is that even though she friend zoned him, he does fancy her in a sexual way and well that isn't fair to you. He is emotionally involved with her still and that's supposed to be for you not her. You are letting him have his cake and eat it too.

Mmm, delicious cake.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by HarleenQuinzel View Post
    My boyfriend has a best friend they have been friends for a VERY long time before I was ever his girlfriend...
    I noticed he spends alot of time with her and we have a very good relationship been together for a year now.

I always knew that he liked her and he told me he has liked her since he met her. I KNOW they are only friends and she doesnt like him like that because she can only see him as a friend.

But I am still jealous...of absolutely nothing...I think
    I guess I am just jealous of him saying he likes her in that way.
    You are second best, if she changed her mind tommorow he would dump you so quickly your head would spin!

Have some respect and end it

I don't think it's unfair of you to ask him to stop seeing her. If he respects you he will. The line between friendship and sexual attraction is very very thing for us men. In my experience it is very hard for a man to have a "friendship" with a woman that wouldn't turn into sex if she just asked, unless the woman is very unatractive.
    I've had the same situation having a girl really really admired (she's kind of an icon of womenhood for me). I know she never saw me as nothing but a friend, and over the years I came to realize we would never make a happy couple.....but still...... you know.........maybe..........
    So ask him to let her go or let you go.

Wow, My thoughts would be..."Does he like me more than her or not?" Without that answer I think that would make me psycologically screw my relationship up...But at the end of the day if it's you he comes home to and sleeps with you and is honest all the time, the biggest thing would be that he treated me the same infront of her...I'd probably book some sort of going out thing with and without her and compare the way he treats me...if he can't treat me the same then she is clearly much of his interest and getting in the way I would then have to talk to him about how he feels and not make him choose between us....but tell him he needs to be clear on what he wants because if he can't even be certain on what he wants then how would the relationship work...feel free to agree or disagree with me guys! Since I don't think my thought pattern is entirely stable hahaha