+ Follow This Topic

Thread: You are the greastest guy

You are the greastest guy

I always hear, "You are probably the greatest boyfriend ever" or something like that. I am sure other men have heard this before.

My ex broke up with me about a month ago and she said something like this. I know women think more with their emotions, or make decisions based on how they feel. But if someone cares about you more than anything else in the world, if someone is willing to make changes for you and the relationship, if someone does everything for you, why would you not want to be with them? I know there are other factors here that I did not mention but let me lay them out:

My ex and I were together for over 8 months, she left me saying that she felt that we weren't going to work out. Really she liked some guy she just met and probably just told me that I was the greatest boyfriend ever to make the break up easier on me but just hear me out.

If we were together for 8 months, and had such great fun together, why not look at what you had before dumping all your eggs in one basket then realizing you made a mistake? I am not saying our relationship was perfect, we argued here and there mainly because she would bring up every argument. But there was way more good than bad.

I am one for living in the moment, and I understand that feelings develop between others. But instead of dropping what you had, if you are happy with your current relationship, why pursue another relationship because you met someone new/fresh just to keep it interesting?

I just find it hard to grasp the idea of being in a loving relationship with someone who cares for you for who you are and is willing to work at a relationship if need be and than just ending it to either pursue another relationship that you are not sure if its going to work or not?

I am a great guy, just sucks that nice guys finish last.

sadie_genie Guest
    I think the whole nice guys finish last thing is too simplied. Have you thought of the possibility that she lied to you when she said "you are the greatest guy ever"? It doesn't make sense that she meant what she said if she dumps you. The fact is you are not the greatest guy ever. She is just saying that hoping she will let you down easy. It isn't because you are a nice guy (unless you mean nice as in not having a backbone); the chances are that you just aren't good enough for her. With complete honesty, do you think you are a great catch? Just saying you would do anything to change or improve yourself to become a great catch doesn't mean you are one now.

Yeah I do think that I am a great catch. I have a direction and a career path set (certified commercial pilot). I am very talented in many different things, like guitar and music for example. I'm very funny and easy to get along with. Probably my only flaw is that I am to nice. I rarely say no to anything to anyone. I find it difficult to say no, not that because I am a push over (although I did let my ex walk all over me) but just everyone I care about has done something for me and I would like to return the favor.

I don't believe in karma per-say, but I would like to believe that the more good I to others, that maybe good will happen to me. I treat others like I want to be treated.

But maybe you are right, maybe she was just lying to me. And maybe I am not a great catch. I'm just trying to think positive.

:Edit:
    I only really brought this thread up because I was talking to a few other people who recently broke up with their ex and the all said the same thing to them as well. It just seemed like a common thing to say.

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
    Yeah I do think that I am a great catch. I have a direction and a career path set (certified commercial pilot). I am very talented in many different things, like guitar and music for example. I'm very funny and easy to get along with. Probably my only flaw is that I am to nice. I rarely say no to anything to anyone. I find it difficult to say no, not that because I am a push over (although I did let my ex walk all over me) but just everyone I care about has done something for me and I would like to return the favor.

I don't believe in karma per-say, but I would like to believe that the more good I to others, that maybe good will happen to me. I treat others like I want to be treated.

But maybe you are right, maybe she was just lying to me. And maybe I am not a great catch. I'm just trying to think positive.

:Edit:
    I only really brought this thread up because I was talking to a few other people who recently broke up with their ex and the all said the same thing to them as well. It just seemed like a common thing to say.
    I think you just need confidence to top it off. In the previous post, you mentioned all the qualities that makes you a good catch and then you contradicted yourself and said maybe what you said isn't true. If you are genuinely a good catch and not delusional then you have good chances with women. Just get some confidence, believe in yourself because confidence is sexy.

I'll admit that my confidence level isn't exactly perfect. My childhood wasn't exactly the greatest for my confidence. Not saying that people tease me or anything like that now, but back in the prime time for the development for social skills, I didn't really have any confidence.

As I wrote that last post, I knew I was contradicting my self. I actually was aware of what I was doing. In the back of my head I was telling my self that I shouldn't be apologetic in the same post as when I am trying to make my self look like a good catch, but really what I was doing was seeing your point of view. I am very open minded. I understand why people think highly of their own opinion.

Not gonna lie, I have been having a few drinks as well as I write this. I just want to say thank you for listening, writing on these forums passes the time and distracts me from my ex.