+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not quite sure how to say it...

Not quite sure how to say it...

Um, so some of you that know me on here might be surprised to know I have a new boyfriend. After all the BS I went through last year, I've finally been able to move on.

And I realized this week that I love him... And I have no f*%@ing idea how to say it!

I've never had this issue before and it's freaking me out, haha.

Pathetic

Ah Brosetta, there's nothing pathetic about feeling a strong, heartfelt connection. Wait, wrong thread.

Seriously though, it's nothing to feel bad about! How long have you & he been seeing each other? I've known people to declare their love via texting etc. I prefer the old fashioned face to face approach.
    Arrange to spend some time together (something you both like doing). During the date, throw a few feelers out there...y'know how much you LOVE spending time with him etc lol. Then when you feel relaxed enough to say it....fire away.
    I'm sure he'll respond in kind

Personally I find it adorable when a girl says the big "L" word to me. Well, apart from that one girl who said she loved me after a one night stand. That was kinda weird.

Good luck!
    - The Bringer of Rain

He's already declared his love (that sounds so cheesy!), but understood why I couldn't return the sentiment right away. I had an epiphany in the last week though.

I've had so many times to say it, and I keep freaking out. We've been seeing each other since the end of February and made it official at the very end of May.

Ahh he's already said it! That makes it easier for you to work it in there somewhere
    With that in mind, I'm pretty sure he'll be delighted when you tell him so.

I can understand the reluctance to say it etc, It IS a pretty strong term to throw around (maybe thrown around a bit too much these days). However, if you love this bro & he loves you. Tell each other!
    - The Bringer of Rain

This is cliche, but just wait until you feel the time is right. I had the same problem with my current GF a few months ago. It finally came out before she went back to Europe for a while.

Should come easy to say if he's already confessed his love for you and if you're sure you love him back. I don't think it quite matters when you say it as I'm sure he'll be happily receptive when he knows you feel the same way he does.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lahnna! I don't see why you'd think any of us would be surprised. Time moves on, and I am glad you didn't sit around wallowing in self-pity. One door closes, and another opens.

Anyway, this should be the worst problem you ever have!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?