+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this a date?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Mark, I'm a loooong time out of the dating scene. Some of the younger posters here may have specifics for you. But, in general, keep it short especially if you don't know what you want to say. I think something like "hi, thinking of you. Did you have a nice weekend?", would be fine.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Make time, find an excuse, and go to where she is. Don't surprise her, just let her know you're coming for whatever reason, and ask if she'd like to go to dinner.

Easier said than done, unfortunately. I work, she works, she lives 2 hours away, etc.

I guess Im just wondering the best way to keep communication going before we are in the same city in 6ish weeks.

Any other thoughts?

Ask us after the fact/going out. After the evening out, if you are still wondering if it was a 'date', then chances are it was not.

My only thought is that you need to make sure you don't make more of this than it is. You haven't even gone out yet. You can only get so far down the relationship pathway from texting. In addition, texting is very weak in regards to communication, so don't start thinking that because you guys have texted a good amount that you know her very well. If you like her and want to get to know her better, then set up a time where you guys can have a good phone conversation or just wait for her to contact you for a date. You don't want to start getting all gaga until she proves that she isn't a complete flake (and so far she sounds pretty flaky), by actually committing to a date and showing up to it. If by asking "is this a date" a way of asking "how does she feel about me", then simply look at her actions. So far she hasn't done anything substantial, and you guys still don't know each other very well. Try not to get ahead of yourself. The questions of "how does she feel about me?" should come long after you figure out who "she" actually is. And so far, you haven't spend enough time together to know who she actually is. So just relax, make sure you don't think about her too much or get emotionally invested in her, until she begins to show herself to you by her actions.

For those on my for trying to get that girl with a BF, I have a small update.

She hasn't been in town yet (lives 2 hours away, works) but since the original post we've texted back and forth. I initiated the texts, but she's reciprocated well, hopefully this keeps going until we can meet (probably next month).

She's definitely showing interest if she's kept up regular contact until now. I'd say treat the meet up as a date, even if it isn't, if you are interested in her in that way it's an opportunity for you to change her perception about you. Flirt etc, that should get your point across!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123